Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

happy dance!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:22 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
thanks to hanging the laundry outside, replacing the dishwasher, not running the ac for most of the dayand getting rid of the crock pot thus cooking more meals at once the electric bi ll was only 175$ this month!!! Down 300$
happy dance time!!!
:-)
Now off to use that extra to pay 1/2 of another bill!
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
3mom627
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Good for you that you got to notice the difference. Too often when you do all that stuff you see almost nothing saved. 

3MOM627

have a nice day

MIZZ.MOE
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:32 PM
You go girl!!!!
awesomemommy2
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:33 PM
OMG down to $175. How many square feet is your house?
elizabooks
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM
honestly i don't know how many square feet this place is. all i can say is that we have finding out as we have been doing repairs that this place was never put together correctly and the three additions that have been done since the 1930s were patchwork and shoddy.
for exile when we moved in we ddint know that the windows all leaked and there was wall damage due to being improperly installed. there was no insulation in the attic or the walls....

other way our house is smaller than our neighbors and their heating bills have been in the $300 range. our water bill on the other hand, has yet to be more than $30 per quarter. since the last place we owned was a high water and low heat. it seemed like a good trade off.

but i think the real savings came from the dishwasher dying. we have been delaying buying a new one for five years now, but as it still worked we never replaced it. last Montgomery it caught pn fire, so by winter we will get another.
elizabooks
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:02 AM
oh dear god. auto correct on my phone is insane. How the neck does it get Montgomery from month? & why does the curser jump lines while i am typing?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)