Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

52 Week Money Savings Challenge - Week 28

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi everyone!

We are in Week 28 of the Money Savings Challenge!  If you have been following along from the beginning, you should have a total of at least $406 saved by the end of this week.

Please check in and let us know how you are doing and...

Is anyone planning on using this money for the holidays?  If so, have you started shopping yet?

Hope everyone is well!

Have a fabulous week!

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ginene
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM
I'm up to week 27. I'm going to add my $28 this week. It might be a little hard soon because my husband was laid off last Friday but I'm being very positive about it.

I can't wait to see my savings to the end!
lillybug222
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM
I haven't been following this challenge. I've spent $3500 out of savings in the last three months to cover my maternity leave. I've also managed to continue putting money away, though. I've put away $500 in cash. I'll be putting $1000 in savings this month. Next month is DH's last month on unemployment. I pray he finds a job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginene
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Omg me too. My husband got laid off Friday. His whole office is closing.

Congrats on your savings! I'm up to @$380.

Quoting lillybug222:

I haven't been following this challenge. I've spent $3500 out of savings in the last three months to cover my maternity leave. I've also managed to continue putting money away, though. I've put away $500 in cash. I'll be putting $1000 in savings this month. Next month is DH's last month on unemployment. I pray he finds a job.

lillybug222
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM
It's terrifying.

Hopefully your DH finds something quickly!

Quoting ginene:

Quoting lillybug222:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginene
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Hope yours do too!

Quoting lillybug222:

It's terrifying.

Hopefully your DH finds something quickly!

Quoting ginene:

Quoting lillybug222:

Larisa72
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:20 PM

somehow I got off track, and I'm not sure how it happened, but this is a payday week, so hopefully I can catch back up and get where I need to be......also reasearching ways that I can start making money from home, though DH is ticked because we aren't where we need more money coming in and the bills are covered with money left over....he doesn't understand that i *need* to feel like I am contributing to the family finances instead of just being the one who pays all the bills.....gah....I'll figure something out

chrissydan
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:21 AM
I was but stuff happend now need to replace money I took from. It
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

OH NO - I'm so sorry to hear that! 

It's great that you are being positive - I hope he finds a job real soon!

Quoting ginene:

I'm up to week 27. I'm going to add my $28 this week. It might be a little hard soon because my husband was laid off last Friday but I'm being very positive about it.

I can't wait to see my savings to the end!

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I'm glad you had the savings there to help out.  I think Dave Ramsey calls that Stork Mode, when you build up your savings knowing a baby is on the way.  Not many people have the funds saved up before the baby arrives.

I also think it's amazing that you have managed to keep saving even while DH is on unemployment.

I hope he finds a job soon!

Quoting lillybug222:

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I think it's normal to get off track here and there and I hope you can catch back up.

I think it's interesting that your DH is mad that you want to contribute to the household.  My STBX was the opposite...whenever I said we needed more income he would tell me to ask for a raise.  I was the only one getting raises for the past 14 years and he works for his DAD!!!

I'm guessing your DH is of the 'old school' that he is responsible for bringing the money in and if you guys are doing well enough to still have money 'left over' than it's hard for him to accept that you just want to contribute as well.  My Dad was like that at one point with my Mom.  When she finally insisted on returning to work (we were all in middle school or high by then) he threw a fit but then discovered the extra income was a big bonus for them in the end - especially when it didn't interfere with his 'dinner on the table' LOL

Quoting Larisa72:

somehow I got off track, and I'm not sure how it happened, but this is a payday week, so hopefully I can catch back up and get where I need to be......also reasearching ways that I can start making money from home, though DH is ticked because we aren't where we need more money coming in and the bills are covered with money left over....he doesn't understand that i *need* to feel like I am contributing to the family finances instead of just being the one who pays all the bills.....gah....I'll figure something out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN