Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Money Savings Challenge (Week 31)

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:45 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi all,

It's the middle of Week 31 and if you are following along, you should have saved $496 by the end of this week.

Check in and let us know how you are doing!

Have a great week!

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM

All is well here.  I am keeping up with the challenge and the kids are ahead.

Summer is getting crazy busy for us now that football has started but I am enjoying the weather!

Have a great week!

chicken13
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I had been doing good....and then fell off the wagon a couple weeks back.  I'm determined to get back into it.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:32 PM

It's definitely getting harder with the higher weekly amounts but just put away what you can!

My kids put aside only 10 cents per week instead of $1.  Every little bit helps!

Best of luck!

Quoting chicken13:

I had been doing good....and then fell off the wagon a couple weeks back.  I'm determined to get back into it.

sugapie0305
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a week behind since I made a little less than what I usually do. Hopefully when I get paid this week I will put aside week 31 & 32 which I don't think will be a problem. If not, then as close as I can to the amounts.

Larisa72
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

nope...took some money out because I had done WAY too much yesterday and decided not to cook.....put most of it back since the children gave me cash to purchase MineCraft and install it on the computer.....they have been campaigning for a while, and there are some VERY strict rules.....only have to put $17 back in to get back to last week's amount....payday is this week, so I'll get back up to speed :-)

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:27 PM

My daughter loves that game - I don't see the point, makes me dizzy to watch it too!  LOL

Good for you getting them to pay for it!  My kids have to pay for their 'wants' as well.  They tend to want LESS when it's their own money - that's why I pay them commission on chores. =0)

Quoting Larisa72:

nope...took some money out because I had done WAY too much yesterday and decided not to cook.....put most of it back since the children gave me cash to purchase MineCraft and install it on the computer.....they have been campaigning for a while, and there are some VERY strict rules.....only have to put $17 back in to get back to last week's amount....payday is this week, so I'll get back up to speed :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)