Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Money Savings Challenge (Week 32)

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:21 PM
  • 14 Replies

Wow, the weeks are flying by!  I feel like I just posted for last week!

It's Week 32 and if you are following along, you should have saved at least $528 by the end of this week!

Check in and let us know how you are doing and...

How's your summer going so far?

Have a great rest of the week!

by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Hi All!

I am still keeping up with the challenge but am keeping less cash.  Now I just move money from my checking to my saving electronically.

My summer has been crazy but I'm very happy.  I am looking forward to school starting up since my kids are starting at a new school that I hear is pretty fantastic.  I plan on enjoying every second left of August though - just wish I had more time off.

Have a great week!

sugapie0305
by Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I should be caught up now for the weeks. Wow we're over $500. Yay! I just feel like taking it out for a second and

LOL!

Anyway, summer has been busy for me and the kids and like you, going to finish out the last two weeks with fun until they go back to school which is the last week of this month.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:48 PM

LOVE THIS!  LOL!!!

Quoting sugapie0305:

I should be caught up now for the weeks. Wow we're over $500. Yay! I just feel like taking it out for a second and

LOL!

Anyway, summer has been busy for me and the kids and like you, going to finish out the last two weeks with fun until they go back to school which is the last week of this month.

chicken13
by Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I put a chunk away last night, but I'm still about 4 weeks behind.  Better than nothing I suppose. 

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I firmly believe every little bit helps!  Great job!

Quoting chicken13:

I put a chunk away last night, but I'm still about 4 weeks behind.  Better than nothing I suppose. 

chicken13
by Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Thx.

i didn't do this last year but firmly set my heels about a cash only Xmas.  It was the first time in years that the giant stack of gifts under the tree didnt make me feel a little sick. 

I want that feeling again.  That happy everything is paid for contentment. 

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Quoting chicken13:

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE cash only Christmas!  I know that feeling of complete enjoyment each Christmas once I started paying cash only.  I budget all year now but not just for presents for kids, family & friends but for food, travel, decorations, etc. 

Last year, I started a new thing with my kids since they get so much throughout the year:

Something I Want

Something I Need

Something to Wear

Something to Read

It worked out fantastic!  I also asked the grandparents to follow that rule, my Mom did for all her grandchildren (x 9) - she loved it!

Quoting chicken13:

Thx.

i didn't do this last year but firmly set my heels about a cash only Xmas.  It was the first time in years that the giant stack of gifts under the tree didnt make me feel a little sick. 

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Quoting chicken13:

chicken13
by Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Cute idea!

We've been on a strict budget since October.  We decided as a family to switch dd to a private school but it meant we needed to clean up our finances and make some real changes.  It's been a struggle but dh and I both agree it feels good.

Quoting ivf_blessed:

I LOVE cash only Christmas!  I know that feeling of complete enjoyment each Christmas once I started paying cash only.  I budget all year now but not just for presents for kids, family & friends but for food, travel, decorations, etc. 

Last year, I started a new thing with my kids since they get so much throughout the year:

Something I Want

Something I Need

Something to Wear

Something to Read

It worked out fantastic!  I also asked the grandparents to follow that rule, my Mom did for all her grandchildren (x 9) - she loved it!

Quoting chicken13:

Thx.

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Quoting chicken13:

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Good for you and your husband!  Sounds like you have your priorities straight and it's great that you can work together on that. 

I started budgeting almost 3 years ago - I wasn't sleeping nights and always stressed about money - my husband didn't care.  Once I started reading Dave Ramsey & using ynab budgeting, my whole life changed. 

Quoting chicken13:

Cute idea!

We've been on a strict budget since October.  We decided as a family to switch dd to a private school but it meant we needed to clean up our finances and make some real changes.  It's been a struggle but dh and I both agree it feels good.

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Something I Want

Something I Need

Something to Wear

Something to Read

Quoting chicken13:

Thx.

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Quoting chicken13:

chicken13
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Next year, I think I'm going to totally reverse the order....big money weeks upfront.  I had more fluff back in feb.  arrrggghhhh.

anyone else having a tough time keeping up?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement