Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

having the worst time saving any money. need help!!

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:47 AM
  • 2 Replies
Back in January I had money saved in the bank for my little girl that was born just 4 months ago but had to use it cus in February I started being garnished for 2 seperate things and now barely have enough money to pay rent. I am trying to get out of the garnishment by putting in financial hardship paper work but won't know for another month if they will stop. I just feel like a horrible mother. What kind of mother doesn't have any money for her baby. I work at a hospital part time and can't get full time. What else can I do? I just feel like such a failure.
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Planning would be a key issue here....it IS hard to save money, and we need tobe conscious   of what we spend. You would be amazed at how the little things add up. First, I would write down everything I bought, even a pack of gum...be realistic...where is your money going...Second, have someone help you with a budget...then stick to it...Hard, yes, but in the end, it works...sorry about your garnishments, they usually give many opportunities to correct the bills before they resort to taking money from your check.....hope you can figure out a plan for you.

rvargas
by New Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Go to the library and take out Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. It changed my life for the better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)