Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thrift Shopping and Free Clothing

Posted by   + Show Post

I have 5 children 3 step kids, 1 previous marriage and 1 mutual....Ages 10,8, 7, 5 (all boys) and a 9month old Baby Girl, I have been doing Freecycle and thrift shopping for their clothes and have done really well! But for my baby girl she weres 18months and I have not been able to get pretty much anything for her including shoes. Any Ideas? Winter is coming and she doesnt have a jacket either.

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Replies (11-17):
eevers55
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Yeah....girl's clothes seem to be harder to find than boys clothes.

Quoting Momma_1985:

I have tried that and have gotten stuff for my boys but haven't seen or been able to get any clothes for her...I started getting for 3t-4t 

Quoting eevers55:

Freecycle.org too!
I post my daughter's old clothes on there all the time. You are also allowed to post one "wanted" a month (as long as you just put the basics and no begging or back story)
So post a wanted for winter clothes and surf through your local freecycle. People are always posting kids clothes. Craigslist free section too. The only downside is that you have to check pretty regularly to catch good stuff.

aneela
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:50 PM

if freecycle isnt getting you any def ask the churches and check the FB YARD SALE AND FREEBIES pages for your area...there are tons of groups on FB and ppl post free items there as well

MissyB1011
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Do you have any kids' resales in your area? We have a huge twice annual one. Sundays are 1/2 price day, so I make out like a bandit.

Also, are there any facebook yard sale groups for your area?
Momma_1985
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Yup I've tried that no sales like that....I've gone to the church ones and have found some but not enough...I'm constantly on Facebook pages looking

Quoting MissyB1011:

Do you have any kids' resales in your area? We have a huge twice annual one. Sundays are 1/2 price day, so I make out like a bandit.

Also, are there any facebook yard sale groups for your area?

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Volunteers of America stores have one day a month where everything in their stores are half off, and our local Thrift Store is the same....just call and ask what the days would be, ours is the last Tuesday if the month and the Thrift Store is the first Wednesday of the month....

theresa1395
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I may be able to help, I will be picking up clothing and other items tomorrow. Please message me  . Blessings,  Theresa1395

emtgirl885
by Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)