Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Everyone ok

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:30 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hope that everyone is having a good day and a wonderful weekend!!

welcomeamerican flag ribbon

by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momma_1985
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Working a 11.5 shift! Can't wait for 5:30pm! But other then that pretty good! It's Friday!

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM

It's been a pretty good day so far. Tomorrow is a wood chopping day. We're not even 1/2 way done with getting all the families the wood they need to burn and winter is coming quick this year.

emtgirl885
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I am doing well. Have a great weekend!
jl89
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Thanks! I went to a fall harvest festival in my city today. It was a lot of fun. I hope you are having an equally good time.
rebeccab1966
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Quoting baconbits:

It's been a pretty good day so far. Tomorrow is a wood chopping day. We're not even 1/2 way done with getting all the families the wood they need to burn and winter is coming quick this year.

How much wood do you need for the winter?  Just curious, we just had 2 cords delivered, we're in Maryland.  Our winters are either fine or hideous.

Larisa72
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:25 PM

pretty much broke, not looking forward to potential government shutdown as it would seriously mess up DHs pay and us getting the bills taken care of, BUT....we're healthy, we have food, the kids are getting along reasonably well, so....guess we're doing ok....personally, I'm pretty jazzed that I was able to remove 3 small tree stumps by myself....just need to take another look and plan the attack on the largest that is driving me batty....

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Not sure about the cords because we count by the farm truck load. Mom & dad need 5 more loads, my brother needs at least 8, sister needs 12-15 and we need at least 12 more. Hopefully mom & dad will get finished this week.. My sister & her dh help during the week. We're working on ours at our house this week as well and then we're moving on to my sisters wood during the week.

I'll be honest in that I'm not even sure how big a cord is. We've just never measured it in cords.

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Quoting baconbits:

How much wood do you need for the winter?  Just curious, we just had 2 cords delivered, we're in Maryland.  Our winters are either fine or hideous.

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I used to have a huge stump. It took me an entire year to get rid of it but I did it by myself. Of course I probably did it the hard way. When my ex left I'd go out every time I got frustrated and chop at it and toward the end dig at it. It eventually came out (or at least at ground level.)

Quoting Larisa72:

pretty much broke, not looking forward to potential government shutdown as it would seriously mess up DHs pay and us getting the bills taken care of, BUT....we're healthy, we have food, the kids are getting along reasonably well, so....guess we're doing ok....personally, I'm pretty jazzed that I was able to remove 3 small tree stumps by myself....just need to take another look and plan the attack on the largest that is driving me batty....

rebeccab1966
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Quoting baconbits:

Not sure about the cords because we count by the farm truck load. Mom & dad need 5 more loads, my brother needs at least 8, sister needs 12-15 and we need at least 12 more. Hopefully mom & dad will get finished this week.. My sister & her dh help during the week. We're working on ours at our house this week as well and then we're moving on to my sisters wood during the week.

I'll be honest in that I'm not even sure how big a cord is. We've just never measured it in cords.

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Quoting baconbits:

I'm not really sure how big a cord is (I know a cord here costs $225), I think it came in two pickups.  You need a LOT of wood, girl!  Where are you?  I'm in Maryland, we have a fireplace on each end of the house so betweem the two we stay nice and toasty.  Farmers Almanac is calling for a nasty winter.

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Quoting baconbits:

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Quoting baconbits:

I'm not really sure how big a cord is (I know a cord here costs $225), I think it came in two pickups.  You need a LOT of wood, girl!  Where are you?  I'm in Maryland, we have a fireplace on each end of the house so betweem the two we stay nice and toasty.  Farmers Almanac is calling for a nasty winter.

We're in Ohio. The good thing is that our home is also heated by geo thermal so it helps to keep the bills down but it's an older farm house and has been added on a couple of times. It was to expensive to add geo to the back half so that's where the wood burner comes into play. It actually heats the back half, part of the kitchen, laundry room and then we put a vent into the boys room upstairs so it could heat it & part of the upstairs. It's the last room on the heating ducts so it doesn't get a whole lot of heat off the geo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN