Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

52 Week Money Saving Challenge (Week 42)

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:23 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi All,

If you are still following along with this challenge - we are in Week 42.  Just TEN more weeks!

By the end of this week, you should have saved at least $903.00.

Please check in and let us know how you are doing!

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi all,

I am still sticking with the challenge - I was ahead but ended up taking out $300 to buy the kids some winter clothes so I am a couple of weeks behind now but all is well.  I'd rather dip into my challenge money than use a credit card or stretch my monthly budget too thin.

My kids are both ahead with their 10 cents per week version of the challenge.  They have each saved an extra $114.50 so far.

Hope everyone else is still saving what they can! 

MysTeri67
by New Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I told my DH about this and I think we are going to try it next year. It would be a nice way to save up enough to get half a cow for the freezer.

WAHUHeather
by New Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks to the government shutdown I had to dip into my savings but I will build it back up. I am working on having six months of living expenses saved. I also save for my annual payments like renters insurance, medical premium, etc. That way I don't have to worry about taking it out of my monthly paycheck. I have $1000 saved for emergencies, the rest is for my annual payments and possibly a car. I currently have $3500 saved and am working on paying a little extra for getting rid of student loans faster that the current payments. 

MysTeri67
by New Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I actually just started this now. The animals are ready for butchering right now so if I start now I will have the money saved up for next year. Half a cow, a pig and about 15 chickens would set us for meat for the year. Plus by starting now I won't have big week payments around the holidays. I think I will start another thread and see if anyone else wants to do it with me now instead of January.

chicken13
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I've started Xmas shopping...so no more going into the can...but plenty coming out.

so glad I did this and I'll definately be doing it again next year

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I was part of the original group but some things happened and I had to use it all. If you want to start another post for it I'd join.

Quoting MysTeriI 67:

I actually just started this now. The animals are ready for butchering right now so if I start now I will have the money saved up for next year. Half a cow, a pig and about 15 chickens would set us for meat for the year. Plus by starting now I won't have big week payments around the holidays. I think I will start another thread and see if anyone else wants to do it with me now instead of January.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Hope everything is ok with you!! 

Quoting baconbits:

I was part of the original group but some things happened and I had to use it all. If you want to start another post for it I'd join.

Quoting MysTeriI 67:

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Things are going busy. Just everything keeps poping up and took all the money saved. Oh well at least it didn't go on CC again!

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Hope everything is ok with you!! 

Quoting baconbits:

Quoting MysTeriI 67:

sugapie0305
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm still putting what I can into my savings account. Still haven't tried to build my piggy bank up from what I pulled out of there, but glad that I can still put something aside though regardless.

chelsyrose10
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I just joined cafemom today and came across this forum an the 52 week savjng picture at top. Can someone explain this saving plan for me?! I'm very interested :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement