Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

need financial help

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:41 PM
  • 7 Replies
im a single mom of 2 small children 1 of them has mild case of autism.I just got away from an abusive relationship,hes in jail right know and i want to move before he gets out.i dont work just living out of my son ssi check,i need help to pay first month rent and need appliances.
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Try to contact your govt agencies to help you...check with local churches and salvation army , they usually help also...hope you can find someone to give a helping hand to you...

marquezkamora
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:04 PM

thank you,but i already did.Either they dont help or no funds.

marquezkamora
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:25 AM

thank you for your information,but i have tried some of them places but either they dont have nothing to do with appliances or dont have the funds.

RonaH
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:56 PM

people always say dial 211 its some kind of assistance line in many areas.  I would also contact some DV shelters they should have resources.

rosesink
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:35 AM

If you have internet access  (if not you can get it at the library) you can go to http://www.freecycle.org/  and register for your area.  Everything on the site is free!!  It is a way for people to keep usable items out of the dump and give them to people who want/need them

navewife
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:54 AM
Freecycle...maybe womens shelters may be able to point you in the right dirrction. They help women out of abusive siyuations. If you explain that you want to leave before he returns maybe they can help you
natasa819
by New Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM

you could try the web site GoFundMe.com, it is awebsite that allows people to set up a donation page, which can then be posted to facebook, twitter, email, or even printed out to be posted or handed out.  I currently have one set up to try and get through until my school funds come in around the third week of February.  I don't have many friends so its a little harder for me, but perhaps you will have better luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN