Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Savings

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 6 Replies
When you save does it all go into one account that is used for everything or do you have separate accounts for each use like home maintenance, life savings, vacation, and misc?

How do yiu detrimine how much goes in which?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RonaH
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM

i have 3 accounts one for long term savings, one for short term and my checking.

oddfox
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 4:35 PM

We put everything into the bank and have separate accounts on paper. We take cash out for food, personal allowance and eating out and the rest is paid by check or credit card.

chicken13
by Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Mostly paper over here as well. 

We also have our retirement with a broker and a cigar box in the gun safe. 

Quoting oddfox:

We put everything into the bank and have separate accounts on paper. We take cash out for food, personal allowance and eating out and the rest is paid by check or credit card.

247mamaandwife
by Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM

we put any extra into our savings account and that is put aside for major needs like fixing something the house , car or replacing ect

rvargas
by New Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I have a checking account that my paycheck as well as my husbands is deposited into. We pay all bills out of that account and keep a small buffer in there so we don't have to worry about overdraft fees. Extra money that we are saving we send to our CapitalOne 360 online savings account (used to be ING before they got purchased). Capitalone allows you to set up goals and multiple accounts. They are great for saving. Right now we just have one account that serves as an emergency fund as well as where we would save up for really big purchases. Right now we are trying to save up for a house downpayment in there. 

princess_1983
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:21 AM

We just have one savings account

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN