Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

anyone uses Tracfone prepaid cells?

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:53 PM
  • 12 Replies

How do you like the service? What area are you in?

Do you get double or triple mins?

How often do you buy a card to top up?

Do the mins carry over into the next months?

Or is it when you buy a card...those mins are per month?

by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RonaH
by Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I considered getting that for my daughter but i ended up going with metro pcs.  She has a smarthphone with unlimited talk and text for $25 a month and that includes tax.  In case you are just looking for a cheap service figured I would mention it.

aneela
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:51 PM

yeah i rarely use the phone and only need it for emergencies and to make a couple calls here and there. so im with a verizon plan right now but figured i would keep looking for cheaper lol. so thanks. i will look it up.

Quoting RonaH:

I considered getting that for my daughter but i ended up going with metro pcs.  She has a smarthphone with unlimited talk and text for $25 a month and that includes tax.  In case you are just looking for a cheap service figured I would mention it.

RonaH
by Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:56 PM

LOL I also responded to you elsewhere about the actual trac phone! haha you confused me!

Quoting aneela:

yeah i rarely use the phone and only need it for emergencies and to make a couple calls here and there. so im with a verizon plan right now but figured i would keep looking for cheaper lol. so thanks. i will look it up.

Quoting RonaH:

aneela
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL its ok im following the convo :P

Quoting RonaH:

LOL I also responded to you elsewhere about the actual trac phone! haha you confused me!

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:53 PM

my kids have Tracfones.  THEY can go through minutes really quickly, but it's their loss since they have to work for me to get minutes or else pay for themselves.

service is great here.  no problems.

the minutes are usually doubled, sometimes tripled.

i'm not sure how long the minutes are good for, DD says they're good for so many service days, but she says the service days accrue with each purchase of minutes...the details are on the minutes cards.  She's got like 300 service days in which to use the minutes she has left.

aneela
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 10:01 PM

gotcha. thanks. do you think she will stick to that one or switch since she is using so many mins? or is it still pretty cost effective to use tracfone?

Quoting michiganmom116:

my kids have Tracfones.  THEY can go through minutes really quickly, but it's their loss since they have to work for me to get minutes or else pay for themselves.

i'm not sure how long the minutes are good for, DD says they're good for so many service days, but she says the service days accrue with each purchase of minutes...the details are on the minutes cards.  She's got like 300 service days in which to use the minutes she has left.

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 10:11 PM

when the kids have real jobs and can afford to pay for more, they can get more. until then, they're stuck with the tracfones.

compared to a monthly plan, if you're not using your phone a lot, the tracphone is cost effective.  oh....and if you use it in your home with your wifi to access internet (my son has this), it doesn't use up the minutes.

Quoting aneela:

gotcha. thanks. do you think she will stick to that one or switch since she is using so many mins? or is it still pretty cost effective to use tracfone?

Quoting michiganmom116:

aneela
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 10:49 PM

oooooh that's interesting about the internet on it.

Quoting michiganmom116:

when the kids have real jobs and can afford to pay for more, they can get more. until then, they're stuck with the tracfones.

compared to a monthly plan, if you're not using your phone a lot, the tracphone is cost effective.  oh....and if you use it in your home with your wifi to access internet (my son has this), it doesn't use up the minutes.

lkane81
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I have net10. I live in upper mi and have great service I pay monthly 50$ for unlimited talk text and data. Never had a big problem with them. Btw we don't have lan line and only one cell. Fir us it works and is cheaper. With a contract and two phones my bill was over 100$ a month.
Vertical15
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 10:18 PM

We got one for my 11yo.  We buy a new card about every other month.  He uses the phone to call us and us to call him but only for one his way to and from school.  I like to know when he gets there and when he gets home if we aren't there he is to call us.  Or emergency use.  The minutes carry for a certain amount of time and then you have to add more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN