Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Becoming a Manager.

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 8:25 PM
  • 1 Replies

I have the ability to become a manager, I'm 98% sure after I complete my training that I will be given to another store that needs a manager. I've been putting completely training off for quite sometime now because I can't decide whats more important to me. This place is like my family, there is a close group of us that work  the same hours and because of our closeness to each other i'm not so sure I can/want to give that up. And when I even start to think that this could work out for me for the better, I think i'm thinking about myself too much and don't want to follow through with it.

My GM says it will be always hard. She was crushed when she had to leave a certain place she was at for a long time. I understand that. but

Thinking outside of my feelings and focusing on a career; I think it would benefit me. I would get a raise to help support my family, and more respect for being higher up.

Any questions, comments, or words of encouragement are welcome. 

by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
RonaH
by Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 11:23 AM

That's hard. I know how you feel I stay at my position because I love where I work sometimes bigger is not always better. I know I can go elsewhere and make more but I also love being happy everyday. Maybe do a pro and con list just because you can move up doesn't mean its the right fit for me happiness is more important.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement