Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

52 Weeks of savings

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 6:34 AM
  • 18 Replies
Will you be doing it this year?

Have you done it in the past how did it go?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hobbit1123
by Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 7:13 AM

i tried to do it this year and then forgot about it

hobbit1123
by Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 7:14 AM

but i will do it this year though

Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 8:34 AM
I told my husband I want to do it this coming year (which he probably forgot about,which is a good thing)but that I want to do it backwards so around Christmas we have less to put in. My only question is at the end of the year how much are you suppose to end up with?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I loved it last year.  

This year, I'll be making a few modifications.  I'm reversing it...big money first.  And ending it by the start of November when I start doing my shopping.  I'll double up those small weeks at the end. 

It was soooooo nice to have cash ready to go for Xmas shopping. 

chicken13
by Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

$1378

Quoting Mom2Boys9501: I told my husband I want to do it this coming year (which he probably forgot about,which is a good thing)but that I want to do it backwards so around Christmas we have less to put in. My only question is at the end of the year how much are you suppose to end up with?

RonaH
by Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Here is the chart http://www.mommygaga.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/52-Week-Money-Saving-Challenge.jpg. It would be great if someone reminded us every week. HAHA

Quoting Mom2Boys9501: I told my husband I want to do it this coming year (which he probably forgot about,which is a good thing)but that I want to do it backwards so around Christmas we have less to put in. My only question is at the end of the year how much are you suppose to end up with?

Larisa72
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Started it this year, but used the money saved to purchase things to finish up DHs office space.  Definitely planning on doing it again this year

arkansasmama08
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:46 AM
We've never done it, but are you g to try this year. I wish we could do it backwards but we're completely broke right now lol
sugapie0305
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 2:52 PM

I did this last year and saved a little over the amount by the end of the year. I'm doing this again this year and instead of starting backwards, I'm doing a bingo type thing. I'll put in what I can each week and just cross out that particular week. I'm also do the quarter method which you would save

Week 1 $0.25, Week 2 $0.50, Week 3 $0.75, etc...

If I'm able to throw in a little extra each week, then I will just to build up the savings a little quicker.

cwahtomy
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:17 AM
I want to try it out. I've talked to my husband about doing it, but who knows when we'll be able to start. Doing the quarters like a pp said.sounds like a good place to start though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement