Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Welcome to The Family Piggy Bank! Please introduce yourself...

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:03 AM
  • 17 Replies

family in the vanThank you for joining the Family Piggy Bank!

This is a great place to discuss ways to save money, get out of debt, save for the future, and other financial questions you may have!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice daySteph

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Desirae17
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi. My name is Cassandra and I'm a married mother of 3 sons. I've been unemployeed since May, but that should be changing in a couple of weeks once my background checks and drug screening is done, but it will only be part-time. At this point, I'm just happy I finally found a job. I look forward to getting to know others in the group, learn some things, and maybe even sharing some things I know.

~Cassandra

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi! I'm Beckie. I'm married and we're raising 3 of our grandchildren. I'm always on the lookout to save money. Kids are soooo much more expensive the 2nd time around it seems. Plus we really want to be able to retire someday. Right now the plan is for when the youngest graduates from High School.

angel14
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:02 PM
2 moms liked this

my name is Rita

I live in Taylorsville ky

lunyuny
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello

I am from Texas.

I am aiming to rebuild savings
bamababe1975
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Hi Cassandra! It's nice to meet you. It is good that you found something, and maybe now that you have that job, you'll be able to find either another part-time job to do with that, or a full-time one down the line. :) How old are your sons? I have 2 girls, 13 and 14. :)

Quoting Desirae17:

Hi. My name is Cassandra and I'm a married mother of 3 sons. I've been unemployeed since May, but that should be changing in a couple of weeks once my background checks and drug screening is done, but it will only be part-time. At this point, I'm just happy I finally found a job. I look forward to getting to know others in the group, learn some things, and maybe even sharing some things I know.

bamababe1975
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Welcome to the group, Beckie! Your grandkids are really lucky to have you. :) How old are they?

Quoting baconbits:

Hi! I'm Beckie. I'm married and we're raising 3 of our grandchildren. I'm always on the lookout to save money. Kids are soooo much more expensive the 2nd time around it seems. Plus we really want to be able to retire someday. Right now the plan is for when the youngest graduates from High School.

bamababe1975
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Nice to meet you Rita! How many kids do you have? I have 2 girls. :)

Quoting angel14:

my name is Rita

I live in Taylorsville ky

bamababe1975
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Welcome to the group! Have you seen that 52-week savings challenge that's floating around on the web? It could be a good way to kickstart your savings?

Quoting lunyuny: Hello

I am from Texas.

lunyuny
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:49 AM

I have seen it. It does look like something I could do.  I have one more trip to make, my son is graduating from basic training in February.  I spent more on my oldest visiting for the holidays so having to save two big amounts in January and begining of Febrary to be able to go.  I had unexpected car repairs that needed to be done.  :(  So back to the drawing board.  Are you going to be doing this savings also?

Quoting bamababe1975:

Welcome to the group! Have you seen that 52-week savings challenge that's floating around on the web? It could be a good way to kickstart your savings?

Quoting lunyuny: Hello

I am from Texas.

Desirae17
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 12:19 PM

My sons are 22, 17, 10 years old. Yes. I hoping things will get better once get to start working. I was told that in time, my part-time position and turn into full-time once I get trained in other areas. So, I'm hoping that will happen. Baby steps. I'm taking it all in baby steps. :-)

Quoting bamababe1975:

Hi Cassandra! It's nice to meet you. It is good that you found something, and maybe now that you have that job, you'll be able to find either another part-time job to do with that, or a full-time one down the line. :) How old are your sons? I have 2 girls, 13 and 14. :)

Quoting Desirae17:

~Cassandra

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)