Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Welcome to The Family Piggy Bank! Please introduce yourself...

Posted by   + Show Post

family in the vanThank you for joining the Family Piggy Bank!

This is a great place to discuss ways to save money, get out of debt, save for the future, and other financial questions you may have!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice daySteph

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Replies (11-17):
bamababe1975
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Yes, I started it backwards, though, so that by the year's end, I'll be putting in less at the holidays when money's much tighter. Then, too, I figure if there's ever a month where it's easier to do more after starting with more in the beginning then I can do that and end up with more in there at year's end instead. :)

Quoting lunyuny:

I have seen it. It does look like something I could do.  I have one more trip to make, my son is graduating from basic training in February.  I spent more on my oldest visiting for the holidays so having to save two big amounts in January and begining of Febrary to be able to go.  I had unexpected car repairs that needed to be done.  :(  So back to the drawing board.  Are you going to be doing this savings also?

Quoting bamababe1975:

Welcome to the group! Have you seen that 52-week savings challenge that's floating around on the web? It could be a good way to kickstart your savings?

bamababe1975
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Hopefully that's exactly what will happen, then, that you'll go to full-time and keep moving forward and upward. :) Baby steps are good, and keep a positive attitude, too! :)

Quoting Desirae17:

My sons are 22, 17, 10 years old. Yes. I hoping things will get better once get to start working. I was told that in time, my part-time position and turn into full-time once I get trained in other areas. So, I'm hoping that will happen. Baby steps. I'm taking it all in baby steps. :-)

Quoting bamababe1975:

Hi Cassandra! It's nice to meet you. It is good that you found something, and maybe now that you have that job, you'll be able to find either another part-time job to do with that, or a full-time one down the line. :) How old are your sons? I have 2 girls, 13 and 14. :)

Jaleesac930
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello, my name is jaleesa and I am a stay at home mother of a one year old girl. I have been unemployed since I got laid off in july 2012 while i was 3 months pregnant. I am looking to go back to work and get into a job where they give good benefits and atleast good pay. Am i asking for to much? maybe! It seems hard transitioning since we just moved an hour away from our old location, we are recuperating fromt he holidays, moving and our daughters first bday. But I leave it in gods hands and pray that he blesses us with what he has planned.

Jaleesa

bamababe1975
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Hi Jaleesa! Welcome to the group. I'm sorry you have been unemployed for so long and are having a hard time finding something new. Have you tried your local Career Center (state employment agency)? Sometimes they have listings nobody else has, and they usually offer courses to help you build skills for something new. :)

Quoting Jaleesac930:

Hello, my name is jaleesa and I am a stay at home mother of a one year old girl. I have been unemployed since I got laid off in july 2012 while i was 3 months pregnant. I am looking to go back to work and get into a job where they give good benefits and atleast good pay. Am i asking for to much? maybe! It seems hard transitioning since we just moved an hour away from our old location, we are recuperating fromt he holidays, moving and our daughters first bday. But I leave it in gods hands and pray that he blesses us with what he has planned.

Jaleesa

heldcaptiveby2
by Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Hi my name Louise, I am the mother of 2amazing kids. I am also newly married to the man of my dreams.
I am a confusingly employed.
And I live in NC
sonnyswoman75
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Baby steps are all you can do... I am learning that too. I am taking whatever I can get job wise and hour wise. Something is better than nothing in my opinion.

Quoting Desirae17:

My sons are 22, 17, 10 years old. Yes. I hoping things will get better once get to start working. I was told that in time, my part-time position and turn into full-time once I get trained in other areas. So, I'm hoping that will happen. Baby steps. I'm taking it all in baby steps. :-)

Quoting bamababe1975:

Hi Cassandra! It's nice to meet you. It is good that you found something, and maybe now that you have that job, you'll be able to find either another part-time job to do with that, or a full-time one down the line. :) How old are your sons? I have 2 girls, 13 and 14. :)

Quoting Desirae17:

Hi. My name is Cassandra and I'm a married mother of 3 sons. I've been unemployeed since May, but that should be changing in a couple of weeks once my background checks and drug screening is done, but it will only be part-time. At this point, I'm just happy I finally found a job. I look forward to getting to know others in the group, learn some things, and maybe even sharing some things I know.

gummy_bear77
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 1:40 AM
Hello my name is bettsy and im 20 with a 2yr old. So far i love spending less and having more, im excited different saving tricks. I currently finished paying off my car and i looking into real estate.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN