Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

New and Looking to Make Extra $

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 3:10 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am new to the group!!

I am a SAHM to 3 Kids! 12yr old boy, 9yr old boy, and 4yr old girl!!

I have been looking into getting a job, but right now my DD goes to vpk from 830am to 1230pm, so getting a full time job right now is not doable and finding a part time job with those hours is apparently not easy!!

We just found out that there is a plasma center not to far from use maybe 10mins depending upon traffic. It pays $65 a week, you go twice a week, so if me and DH both go that is roughly an extra $520 a month, which is great!!

I having been looking for something I can do at home, no I don't want a business, or direct sales. But just something to make extra money like a job.

Right now I am doing something but it's just basically milk money(if you buy milk).

Just trying to get things on track so we can start saving money!!

Thanks for any and all help and advice!

by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tonya_Lynn84
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:40 AM
4 moms liked this

I try a different look first and then try to increase. The old saying a dollar saved is a dollar earned is right. Just think if you save $50 by not having cable or a smaller package that's $50 you save every month and $600 over the course of a year. If you do this with insurance, food, gas, utlities, etc it really adds up and frees money up.

As far as what I do for extra money I do Ebay. It currently brings me in anywhere from $300 - $500 a month. I attend auctions/storage unit auctions and buy cheap and then resell. Sometimes we'll hit it really lucky and get a steal which is what we just got on a hanging kerosine lamp. Paid $40 and found out it's actually worth around $1,500! Doesn't happen all the time but it's really great when it happens. Means a big dent in another bill.

We also do Flea Markets in the summer where we do blowouts of all the little stuff we pick up at the auctions. We'd buy a box that had 10 things in it for $1 - $2 and then put it out with a bunch of other stuff and it's all $1 each! The first time we did this we made over $800! We'd have some higher priced stuff on the tables but this stuff we just stuck the totes out and people had a blast digging thru them for "treasures".  Normally we have enough of these totes to have a couple of these blowout days during the summer months. It only costs $50 for a spot and we'll have already doubled our money from ebay so this is all free money.

emtgirl885
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!

hobbit1123
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:57 AM

You can try Swagbucks you do searches, play games,etc...You earn points to trade in for gift cards and I know they give Paypal cards now(I always get amazon gift cards)

Also check out www.wahm.com do a search for lionbridge or leapforce those i do believe are part time. Also check out Humantic(I think thats how you spell it) but the message boards there at WAHM have a lot of info 

Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:42 PM
How do you find a pla ce to donate plasma? Do they pay for blood too? Serious questions never done those things.
Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:42 PM
How do you find a pla ce to donate plasma? Do they pay for blood too? Serious questions never done those things.
clairewait
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Quoting Mom2Boys9501: How do you find a pla ce to donate plasma? Do they pay for blood too? Serious questions never done those things.

No.

They don't pay for blood.

Plasma is used in things like cosmetics testing. I do not think the majority of donations go to "saving lives."

I knew plenty of people who did it in college. It is weird to me. And most of them got sick for a few days after donating because it kind of kills your immune system.

Tonya_Lynn84
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Google CSL Plasma and then you can see if there is a location close to you. They pay you for your plasma, not your blood. Both me and my husband do it, and my neighbor does as well and we never get sick. As long as you drink enough water and eat decent you should be fine.
Plasma is used in the treatment of disorders such as haemophilia and immune system deficiencies. It is also used to manufacture products used to help treat and prevent diseases like tetanus, rabies, measles, rubella and hepatitis B. In hospitals, plasma-derived albumin is used in the treatment of traumatic injuries such as severe burns and shock.

Here is the link to save you some time

http://www.cslplasma.com/plasma-donation-locations

Quoting Mom2Boys9501: How do you find a pla ce to donate plasma? Do they pay for blood too? Serious questions never done those things.

Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Tonya_Lynn84:

Google CSL Plasma and then you can see if there is a location close to you. They pay you for your plasma, not your blood. Both me and my husband do it, and my neighbor does as well and we never get sick. As long as you drink enough water and eat decent you should be fine. Plasma is used in the treatment of disorders such as haemophilia and immune system deficiencies. It is also used to manufacture products used to help treat and prevent diseases like tetanus, rabies, measles, rubella and hepatitis B. In hospitals, plasma-derived albumin is used in the treatment of traumatic injuries such as severe burns and shock.

Here is the link to save you some time

http://www.cslplasma.com/plasma-donation-locations

Thank you. :)

aneela
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2014 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

hi I sent you a message with some info...hope some of it can help out. good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN