Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

HELP!!

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hello Everyone, I don't post on here often(although I read almost everything) I am in need of some help. 

I may be loosing my job becasue I need to take time off so that I can have surgery on my back. My question is this. What are ways that you would use if you were down to 1 income but still had to pay all of your bills? 

Please let me know. 

Thank you,

Brittany 21, Married and living every day to the fullest!

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hobbit1123
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:00 AM

If you have cable get rid of it.

Cell phones see if you can downsize your plan or go to a prepaid plan....me and dh had sprint and we were paying $220 p/month. We went w/net10 and we pay $45 a month(we each get 200 minutes p/month)

Where ever you can cut back do it! not sure where you live but if you dont have to use the dryer dont, etc...cut back on internet package

You may try working from home for some income. check out www.wahm.com

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Take a serious look at your bills and what can you do to cut them. Water - can you wear some clothes twice in order to cut the laundry in half? Not only saves on water bill but also electric. Find meals that take one burner/crock pot. Less electric that way. Put TV's/computers on power strips and shut it off. They drain power. Turn the lights off in your rooms and then take a walk thru. Anywhere you see lights is a electric burner. Cable box, light on stove, etc.

Cut auto insurance down to bare minimum. Do you REALLY have to have a cell phone? Most people have a cell phone plus their home phone. We got along fine without cell phones and internet. Drop them.

choaspartyof4
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I agree with the other posters, cut everything you don't need. Start by making a list of needs and wants. Track every thing you spend, down to the penny. Those drive thru, convience store, coffee runs, ect add up.

Only buy what you need at the grocery store, cook with what you have i your house before keeping buying more groceries. You'd be surprised what gets shoved to the back of the freezer or pantry lol

Watch your electricity, make sure you turn off lights when you leave rooms ect...

Good luck mama, it can be done! Just need to spend less than what you bring in. We've been 1 income for years, I'm a sahm.

Wannabemom92
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:19 AM

bump

nanaevelyn
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:01 AM

We did many cost effective switching services as well as switching stores to save more money when I quit my job...  Now I teach others to do the same!  Add me as a friend if you need more info. 

rosesink
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:40 PM

You do not need a cell phone if you are at home cancel it. Keep your cable at "basic " and your internet at the bare minimum they offer.  Also if you have a home phone you should change it to OOma.  Ooma is a system that lets you use your cable internet for telephone and they only charge you the taxes for the use (in my case $4.30 a month).  Do your laundry in cold water it saves $0.40 per load.  Do not eat out cook at home and stop buying bottled water/ soft drinks/ ect and make tea to drink (and drink tap water) Shop sales at the grocery store and pair them with the food you already have in your pantry/cabinets/freezer.  If you have some window or yard space grow your own herbs, they are really expensive to purchase at the store but very easy to grow in pots. I would reccomend a veggie garden but you will not be able to weed or tend a large area for quiet a while.  Container gardening is easy because you do not have to do all the weeding.  You can grow more then herbs as well you can grow tomatoes and peppers easily in pots

aneela
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2014 at 4:06 PM

i am sending you a message with some info you can look through...I hope one of the ideas can help you out

Come check out  Serious Coupon Swappers for swapping, friendship and chat.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/seriouscouponswappers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)