Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

I'm thinking of filing for bankruptcy.  Has anyone done this before?  Pros and cons?  Any advice?  I'm in way over my head and don't know where to start.  I look on-line and get so overwhelmed.

by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Replies (11-13):
momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 11:36 AM

We are too. Legal aid is helping us for free to file

702girly
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Just an update, we had our 341 meeting and it went very well. Lasted all of 3 minutes. The trustee asked me three or four times if I filled out all the paperwork myself and when I confirmed that I had she told me I did an excellent job and looked better than that of a lot of people who actually had lawyers. LOL

That felt pretty good. I'm so glad we didn't pay for a lawyer now. Plus, there was a couple waiting whose lawyer just didn't show up so they had to reschedule their meeting. I felt really bad for them. They paid all that money, took the day off work and then the lawyer just doesn't bother showing up and he actually turned off his phone because they were trying to reach him!

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I'm glad your meeting went well and that you did such a thorough job putting things together!  I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Quoting 702girly:

Just an update, we had our 341 meeting and it went very well. Lasted all of 3 minutes. The trustee asked me three or four times if I filled out all the paperwork myself and when I confirmed that I had she told me I did an excellent job and looked better than that of a lot of people who actually had lawyers. LOL

That felt pretty good. I'm so glad we didn't pay for a lawyer now. Plus, there was a couple waiting whose lawyer just didn't show up so they had to reschedule their meeting. I felt really bad for them. They paid all that money, took the day off work and then the lawyer just doesn't bother showing up and he actually turned off his phone because they were trying to reach him!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN