Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Couponers !!

Posted by on May. 18, 2014 at 7:53 PM
  • 6 Replies

I know you saw the show "Extreme Couponers" on TLC, I love that show I'm hoping to coupon like the ladies on tv because that's some serious savings.

I'm just like for some moms who loves to save and coupons as well I just want some tips and stuff so I can get better

by on May. 18, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
clairewait
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Well for starters, stop watching that show!  :)  No seriously. It is called "extreme" for a reason and it is totally unreaslistic and nearly impossible.

On the flip side, you can do a lot to reduce your bduget before you become a crazy couponer. If you want all of my best tips, I've compiled them here: How To Lower Your Grocery Budget Without Using Coupons. Master these, and then add coupons, and you can drastically reduce your grocery budget.

aneela
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:37 PM

I also do not think that going the "extreme" route is a good thing at all..some of those people are just greedy or have an addiction or illness

anyway I like to use coupons to save on things I am already buying

you can find online sites that do match ups for the stores you shop that will help you to manage it

get a sunday paper, printer and make your list from the store sales paper

use some apps and sites to get cash or rewards back also

Come check out  Serious Coupon Swappers for swapping, friendship and learn about the many ways to make money online by chatting or using apps!.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/seriouscouponswappers

kgalvano
by New Member on May. 19, 2014 at 9:07 PM

BUMP!

kgalvano
by New Member on May. 19, 2014 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I get the sunday paper every wk. when i get time i look at the coupons inside and if they are really good then i get a couple more. there are also different sunday papers and some give more coupons. i look at what is on sell and make a list of what i need. then i compare the list to what is on sell along with the coupons i use. its not hard and dont beat urself up becuz any money u save even 5.00 is that much for gas or something else u need.

JoquinsMommie
by Member on May. 20, 2014 at 1:33 PM

I agree w. the greedy part but I'm just try to save getting the sunday's paper sounds simple enough and making a list of the things I need is something I need to start doing ............. Thank you all for helping

Ariellasmom
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:03 PM
I think that the show is unrealistic. but, I have found some good ways, to save money. I use coupons and I do occasional dumpster diving. and the dumpster diving has become so successful, that I probably won't have to pay for anything except my regular bills.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)