Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Personal Financial Management Site/Software/App?

Posted by on May. 22, 2014 at 4:40 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am revamping our home financial management.  I have come to the conclusion that it is long since time to ditch simple spreadsheets and embrace a more grown-up financial management and planning system for our household.  I've been looking at several options, namely: Mint.com, GnuCash.com, PersonalCapital.com, and Quicken.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these tools or similar ones?  Any advice or pros/cons of them?

Ideally, I'd like a service that is free or involves only a one-time fee (no monthly fees), pulls from as many sources as possible (banks, credit cards, bills, investments, etc.), and requires minimal interations from me per month (I'm an autopay and forget it kinda person).

by on May. 22, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2014 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, I haven't used any of the ones you mentioned.  I tried the one offered by Dave Ramsey and did not like it.  Now, I use youneedabudget.com or ynab.com

It offers a free trial and live/recorded classes.  If you decide to buy, it's a one time fee and it includes a free mobile app.

I have used it for over a year now and I LOVE it!

If you try it out & do decide to buy after trying it, just lmk - I think I still have my $6 off code they gave me to offer to friends/family.

momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I have never used one

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 10:57 AM

I like Quicken, but I like the old Quicken.  I don't know if I would want the new, online version.  I made a big chart for us, because I like seeing it all planned out in front of me, so I don't know if I would be looking for the same things that you would!

celestegood
by Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Best of luck to you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement