Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

extra money..

Posted by on May. 30, 2014 at 3:01 PM
  • 6 Replies
I'm a young mother of a two year old.. I am a teacher at a school but don't make much at all. I'm barley getting by. Loving pay check to pay check. I already work monday through friday 730. To about 430 I don't have time to work another job plus I still want to have time with my daughter. I'd like to do couponing to help and maybe make some extra money. Can anyone give me helpful advice?
by on May. 30, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
baconbits
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Take a look at your bills and see what's a neccessity and whats a need. If you have a car can you raise the deductable/drop some coverage? If your car is worth the same as your deductable then drop full coverage and save the difference in case there is an accident. Do you really need 500 channels? Personally I don't have cable but instead get movies for free thru the library. We really don't watch much TV so it's a whole lot cheaper.

I've never been a big couponer. It's often cheaper to buy generic.

rosesink
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Couponing is a great way to save money.  You may also want to look into selling items on Ebay.  If you do any crafts, have any books or clothes you or your children no longer use , or other items around the house can become easy money on Ebay.  Open an Ebay and Paypal account and start posting.  Make sure you charge enough for shipping.

Mom2Eden
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Check into crafting.  Also repurposing old furniture that others have discarded.  Check out that stuff on pinterest.  

Also picking at yard sales, then reselling on ebay is good money!  :)

Mamavelt
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Hi - I would tend to go with what you know and trying to make the most of your time.  There is a website called Teacherspayteachers.com where teachers can sell lesson plans or materials they have created.  Most teachers put so much time creativity and effort into their lesson plans so it could be a good way of motivating or reinvigorating your teaching, and rewarding your efforts. I don't know about the specifics  (I am not a teacher, but read a newspaper article about it). But I  think it would be worth looking in to. 

clairewait
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 10:44 PM

The link in my signature is my best advice for lowering your grocery budget. I didn't do these things so well while I was a teacher, and it took some time to make them a habit, but I was able to reduce my grocery budget by almost 20% without even using coupons by simply changing my shopping habits.

Then, though I don't necessarily "work" from home, here is my list of "extras" - the little things I do to sort of boost my budget each month. Some do better than others, but all are equally easy to accomplish during naptime. Haha.

If you like Cafemom and are pretty active here, I definitely suggest going to POSTLOOP first:

I've posted this before, but.....

Hubpages earns me between $20 and $50 a month (I'm not writing anymore, just earning off old stuff. Probably could be higher.)

Postloop is about $5 every couple of days. This is one I do in front of the TV, seriously. I'm not like a die hard poster, but it is super easy to make your cash out $5 quickly here. I made $25 last month, but again, could probably make a lot more with a little more work.

Viggle, now, is about $25 a month, used to be better.

I also secret shop. I only do two jobs a month and they are both places I already visit pretty regularly, so this one is a good one for me.

aneela
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 8:13 PM

I think Perk TV app is something that might be good for you if you have a smartphone or tablet that can support the app. check out my post here:

Have a smartphone or tablet???...EARN GIFT CARDS while you SLEEP!!!!

I also suggest doing surveys now and then when you have time to save up some say for gifts and holidays, some sites pay with PayPal for cash to your bank and others have gift cards to sites and stores like Amazon and Target and walmart etc

Perk also offers those same payment options.

none of the sites are get rich quick, they are all just to help out make a little extra to pay for things your paycheck cannot all the time :) just read these and if you have any questions just reply or msg me!

Swagbucks - the more you earn the more you can redeem for GIFTCARDS!! FREE!! LEGIT!!!

check out Zoombucks...can cash out for PayPal and more...

Check out GiftHulk for ways to earn PayPal and gift cards online!

a great site that offers POLLS and you can cash out for AMAZON and WALMART and more

earn Free Gift Cards with Skinny Cow...no purchase necessary

Earn FREE Purell products or get Amazon gift cards, no purchase required!

BING Rewards....you can cash out for gift cards

check out this site Mint Vine..can cash out for PayPal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN