Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Unemployed-PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 1:01 AM
  • 13 Replies
I just recently lost my job and my unemployment is in appeals, so my car place gave me a break for like 2 months and then told me because I paid so well over the past 2 years that they would lower my payments for two years. Well my next payment is due this month! I need my car because that is how I get my child around and go on interviews. My question is, how can I get $340 by that time when I'm frickin employed!!! I need creative minds PLEASE!! *Tears* Thank you Moms! :-)
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baconbits
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Yard sale would be the first thing that comes to mind and you sell EVERYTHING you can to make that payment. Bet if you looked around and cleaned out cupboards you'd be surprised at what you find.

See if you can pick up some babysitting to help earn some money. I'd consider doing 2nd/3rd shift.

MoMofTWOkiddos
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 11:18 AM
I actually have a blog with simple things I do to make money. I honestly average around $500 month doing the things listed.

Justamommakingabuckortwo@ blogspot.com
Jkia1boy
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Quoting MoMofTWOkiddos: I actually have a blog with simple things I do to make money. I honestly average around $500 month doing the things listed. Justamommakingabuckortwo@ blogspot.com

Hey your website is not pulling up.

rosesink
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Have some Yard / garage sales and post some items on Ebay . Open a Paypal account and then start selling. You can sell just about anything as long as it is not illegal.  This can include craft items, books, knick knacks, Clothing, housewares and just about anythig you can think of, I even sold my hair!!!  Good luck

Jkia1boy
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Thanks!
elizabooks
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Is there a metal recycling place near you? Some places will take soda cans and cleaned food cans (take the labels off). Collect them for a month and take them in. Unless you have clean copper, the money won't be all that much, but every little bit helps and this is basically money you are throwing away.

Also look for glass bottle returns.

Can you find a place to sell your plasma? Takea about an hour and pays between 15$ and $50 and most can do it three times a month. If you have a SO get them to sell as well.

Yard sales or better yet vender sales at flea markets. Flea markets have more foot traffic , but do have table fees.

Have you reviewed your bills? If not do so. See what you can pay the minimum on or  pay late or (worst case) skip for a month. Don't be afraid to call and ask for a lower rate.

Can you set up a carpool?

go on sittercity or care.com and see about a temp job walking a dog or something.

RutterMama
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Yep, I agree with yard sale, sell things that you just don't need! Can't do yard sale? Craigslist, facebook groups etc.

If you are looking for a business to work from home, I'm happy to help you! Just let me know. :)

Discover how this stay at home mommy of 2 used Facebook to give herself a 
$7,200 annual raise!  ***Contact me today to find out how!***

Jkia1boy
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Yes! I am open but it does depends. I just became an Avon Representative but trying to get people to buy is harder than what I thought.

www.youravonrepresentative.com/jkidd

Quoting RutterMama:

Yep, I agree with yard sale, sell things that you just don't need! Can't do yard sale? Craigslist, facebook groups etc.

If you are looking for a business to work from home, I'm happy to help you! Just let me know. :)

RutterMama
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Good for you! You're thinking in the right direction.
Avon is awesome, but it is VERY saturated. You need the marketing skills behind the company/ product to make anything work (And that is exactly what I can teach you. :) ) 

Quoting Jkia1boy: Yes! I am open but it does depends. I just became an Avon Representative but trying to get people to buy is harder than what I thought. www.youravonrepresentative.com/jkidd
Quoting RutterMama:

Discover how this stay at home mommy of 2 used Facebook to give herself a 
$7,200 annual raise!  ***Contact me today to find out how!***

Jkia1boy
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Quoting RutterMama:

Good for you! You're thinking in the right direction.Avon is awesome, but it is VERY saturated. You need the marketing skills behind the company/ product to make anything work (And that is exactly what I can teach you. :) ) 

Quoting Jkia1boy: Yes! I am open but it does depends. I just became an Avon Representative but trying to get people to buy is harder than what I thought. www.youravonrepresentative.com/jkidd
Quoting RutterMama:

Can you please show me because the Lady I work under, I'm not really understanding and I am sort of regretting that I signed up under her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)