Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smart Phone Apps That Save You $$$

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:01 AM
  • 52 Replies
1 mom liked this

There is an Apple store about three blocks from my house. Last Friday, at 7:40 a.m., Kiddo and I left our building to head to school and as we stepped outside, I was amazed. The line of people waiting to get into the store to get the new iPhone 6 was in front of us. It stretched down and around blocks and crossed streets...it was insane.

Whether an iPhone or an Android or any other brand, people sure do love their smart phones. They are amazing gadgets we use in so many ways -- to connect to others, to play games, as calendar keepers, as information devices. The other cool thing you can use your smart phone for: saving money. There are a bunch of fabulous apps you can download that will help save you some moolah on a daily basis. Check these out:

GroceryIQ
We've chatted about this over and over again: your grocery bill is a key place in your budget where you can control, cut back and save money. This app helps you stay on track while shopping. With list-generators, coupon locators and more, GroceryIQ is essential to keep your food spending and your wallet happy.

RetailMeNot
If you love coupons, you will love this app. If you hate coupons, you will love this app. It is so simple - coupons for every store are available in one place on RetailMeNot. Search by item, store, category and sign up for notifications from your favorite stores or for when your must-have items go on sale.   

Love Food Hate Waste
Another great way to save money when dealing with the kitchen is with this food planning and tracking app. Store all of the info on what you have at home as well as plan dinners according to what is already stashed in that pantry. Bonus: put leftovers to good use using their nifty recipe finder, which lets you enter what you have sitting there, and it pops out a recipe to make that night.

Waze
A must-have for anyone who drives, Waze provides real-time traffic info so you can plan the best route to save gas money and time. It also provides you with where you can find the cheapest gas prices.

The Find
It's like a personal shopper in your phone. Enter in your favorite stores and it will alert you when there are mega sales happening. Another great feature: input items you are searching for (that perfect little black dress?) or products you want to price-watch, and it will alert you when those picks are in your size and/or discounted.

What apps do you use to help that budget?

©iStockphoto.com/frikota

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:32 AM

I use retail me not a lot!

LaniBee
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:14 AM

I'm going to check out a couple of these apps. I haven't heard of any of them! 

virginiamama71
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:56 AM

I use nothing. Thanks for sharing this. I will check it out.

TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't have a smart phone.  I know, I'm living in the dark ages...but that right there helps me save $100 a month! :)

Apr1l
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Shopular
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahsmommy816
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:38 AM

tyfs

janessa27
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:49 AM

I use retailmenot- all the time. The one I just discovered is the Walmart savings catcher app. You can scan your receipts to it and the app automatically looks for advertised lower prices of surrounding stores. It takes a few days then it will tell you if they found lower prices, what items they were on, and how much you get back. I currently have $7.57 and have only been doing this for about a month!We do the majority of our grocery/toiletry shopping there and I love scanning the receipts when we get home.....then a few days later see how much we saved!

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Thank you for sharing these!

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:58 PM

I like using retailmenot

la_bella_vita
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:45 PM

I need to check these out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)