Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dentist? Insurance or no?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:57 AM
  • 7 Replies

Do you have dental insurance? High co pays? Have you or someone in your house needed expensive dental work done?

We have $50 co pays...sigh. Took two of the kids yesterday and my oldest goes today. So $150. Merry Christmas to me!LOL!

How do you manage to pay for trips to the dentist?simple smile

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
chicken13
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:29 AM

We have good insurance.   I think I end up paying $2 for a cleaning (cause it's over the allotted amount or some crap).

I'd go even if we didn't have insurance.  You only get 1 set of teeth....and you won't have em long if you don't get regular maintenance.  Plus nowadays they've linked all sorts of conditions, like heart disease, to periodontal issues. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:31 AM
We have decent dental coverage, thankfully. Otherwise I'm not sure how we would swing it, but I think we would try to spread out appts and do as much preventitive care as we could.
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:48 AM

We have dental insurance.  Free checkups every 6 months, and we pay 25% of any dental work that needs to be done.  Our dentist takes payments if necessary. 

We keep costs low by brushing regularly, keeping sweets/fruit juice consumption to a very low minimum, and by consuming mineral rich foods to keep our teeth strong. 

virginiamama71
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:45 AM

the dental coverage I have is just ok. 

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:50 AM

We do have insurance.  Our copays are minimal but we do have to pay when we have major procedures like crowns or pulling teeth.

TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:28 PM

We have dental insurance, $50 copays, except preventative care.  Cleanings and flouride, xrays, etc. are covered.

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2014 at 1:53 AM

We do not. I opted out of dental this year for work. Next year we'll reassess and see if we need it. Hubby and I have already had our wisdom teeth pulled and don't have any other teeth issues thankfully.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)