Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Piggy banks for adults

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM
  • 12 Replies
Do you have a jar or something similar that you throw your loose change into? Or do you still happen to have the piggy bank you had as a kid?
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:28 PM

I have a plastic container that used to hold cottage cheese  LOL  I'm not picky.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 4:51 PM
I have a bin
ScrChk23
by on Dec. 13, 2014 at 8:13 PM

I still have a bank that I bought as a teen.  It is Meeko from the movie Pocahontas.  We use it for our change.  We need to find a place that we can cash in the change for free.

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2014 at 1:57 AM

We throw it into our son's piggy bank. WE actually need to go through and go cash those piggies in lol they're getting full.

choaspartyof4
by Member on Dec. 14, 2014 at 7:12 AM
Can't you cash it in at your bank? I know the grocery store change machine here charges for cashing in there.

Quoting ScrChk23:

I still have a bank that I bought as a teen.  It is Meeko from the movie Pocahontas.  We use it for our change.  We need to find a place that we can cash in the change for free.

choaspartyof4
by Member on Dec. 14, 2014 at 7:13 AM
I use a glass pickle jar lol!!

Quoting michiganmom116:

I have a plastic container that used to hold cottage cheese  LOL  I'm not picky.

ScrChk23
by on Dec. 14, 2014 at 7:19 AM

I'm not sure.  The one close to us is a smaller branch.  I figured we would wait until it was full, then I would look up which branch we could cash it in at.

Quoting choaspartyof4: Can't you cash it in at your bank? I know the grocery store change machine here charges for cashing in there.
Quoting ScrChk23:

wandep
by on Dec. 14, 2014 at 8:48 AM

We have a container we keep money in for our Disney fund.

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2014 at 4:44 PM
We use a big glass jar that used to hold maraschino cherries... If it works it works!

Quoting choaspartyof4: I use a glass pickle jar lol!!

Quoting michiganmom116:

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Oh, if I'm out and about I have a little pocket in my car where I'll put change. Then I'll have it if needed for parking meters, etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)