Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question, your tax return, how long until you got it?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 12:16 PM
  • 11 Replies

BTW this post isnt about how much you got, nobody cares, no drama either on taxes weather you are for or against it like the other posts floating around if you don't have anything nice/productive to say in here then please just don't post at all, thank you.

Curious, for those of you who filed your taxes already how long did it take to get them back? Did you have Affordable Care Act?

It appears I'm seeing that those I know who got Affordable Care Act have waited their 21 days, called IRS then was told there was an error & have to wait an additional 30 days for it to be corrected. In addition to this when I go to the where's my refund site it does not pull it up despite how I enter the information in & in years past it always did. Just curious what others are experiencing. I'm on day 15 now w/o word.

The reason this particular year I'm frustrated is bc I got my amt from my accountant & she filed so I went to book our vacation to Disney, happened to stumble on a deal that saved me like $400 so I booked (putting down the mini down payment) to pay off no later by March 25. No biggie I had filed on Feb 3 so we picked a week & got things set. Now I've found plane tickets for 3 of us round trip for $858 (good deal I've been looking around!).

So now I'm concerned LOL I can't change the dates now. I clearly learned a lesson here, it's honeslty not as much of a biggie, we qualify for CC's so although we prefer not to I'm going to apply for one/two to have on hand in case to pay for the amt by March 25 & then I'll pay it off with my tax return itself. The plane tickets I'm buying tonight & it will just be paid for out of our savings acct so cash, which again is fine but will be replaced upon getting tax return.

So yup learned my lesson lol wait until you get the money in your acct! I've never had an issue beforehand though & usually comes within a few days of filing even SO's got his shortly after so figured I was good lol

by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillybug222
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 12:21 PM
I should probably file today....

Everyone I know has gotten theirs in less than two weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 12:28 PM

My DS filed his less than 2 weeks ago via online H & R Block, got it today.  They did not have ACA.

Reese2010727
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 12:35 PM
I filed Jan 31st...got it Feb 11..no ACA
Mygirl30248
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 12:38 PM

Thank you ladies, I was just curious if it was an ACA thing & if anyone knew how long. Again no biggie, either way I will get it at some point :) just have to figure out alt ways to pay for now on the trip we planned lol time to get creative!

RonaH
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 12:45 PM

10 days for me. No ACA. 

Janet
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:20 PM
Bump
Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:06 PM

Filed January 27, received February 4.

campingmomof4
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:43 PM

I got mine back in 7 days.   I have insurance thru my job.  

KylesMom409
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 9:00 PM
Bump!
ablox
by Member on Feb. 20, 2015 at 9:44 AM
I have not filed because I'm missing the form from my job. We don't have the ACA so hoping for a quick turn around
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)