Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Welcome to the Dinner Ideas group! Please introduce yourself...

Posted by   + Show Post

how are youWelcome to the Dinner Ideas group! We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

To add a Dinner Ideas signature to your posts, click here: 
Dinner Ideas Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself.

tea

Make yourself at home and enjoy the Group!

turkey dinner~Cafe AmyB, Beth and the CafeMom Team

Join us onThe Dinner Ideas group!

by on May. 26, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Replies (1971-1980):
VanBurren
by Beth on May. 8, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Quoting zipzapzopsquish:

Hi i am teresa and I have a 6 year old son and 31 weeks along I am having a girl. I am wandering what are some good quick dinners i can make a freez for the time i am recovering form child birth lol so it will make life a little esyer.

Welcome to the group, Teresa!  Glad to have you here:)  The ladies here are awesome, and I'm sure they'll help you come up with some wonderful recipes to freeze and have handy after your little girl is here.  Looking forward to getting to know you!

Tigger72
by New Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM

hi my nameis geri and i am a mom of 2 boys!1 i am looking for any low carb yummy diabetic recipies or ideas! both my hubby and i have diabetes and my hubby also has seizures so we are looking for yummy meals to keep our blood sugardown11 im the picky one, and he eats everything!!

thanks geri

ladybug

Helena17
by New Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM

well my favorite healthy recipe is a Fresh Salmon lemon Salad with slices of avocado and olives. my fiancee's family loves it. plus they prefer me to make salads cuz i guess i have that speciel touch?

Healthy Salmon:

2 salmon fillets, skin on

1 large, ripe Hass avocado

200g pre-cooked Puy lentils (I like the ones sold in a pouch)

100g lettuce leaves (my favourite is a mixture of pea shoots and baby spinach leaves)

1 pack tender stem broccoli

3 tablespoons good quality olive oil

1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice

Method

This salad is very quick and simple to make. As there are a number of different stages involved, you can easily prepare the cooked ingredients in advance and assemble just before serving.

1) Cook the salmon by placing the fillets skin down in a hot frying pan or grill pan. Cook for around 3 minutes on a high heat, then lower the temperature and cook for another 3-5 minutes until the flesh turns a peachy colour and is no longer translucent.

2) Flip the salmon fillet over so it’s flesh side down and cook for another two minutes. I like my salmon cooked fairly lightly, so it’s up to you how you prefer it cooked.

3) When the salmon fillets are cooked to your taste, remove them from the pan and pull away the skin. Flake the salmon into large chunks with a fork – you’ll find it naturally falls apart very easily.

4) Next, heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan. When it’s hot, add the lentils and cook for around 2-3 minutes (there will be instructions on the packet) until they are separated and are warmed through. Put to one side in a bowl once heated.

5) Now, steam or boil the broccoli until it is soft but still retains a bit of crunch.

6) Whilst the broccoli is cooking, start to assemble the salad. Wash and dry the lettuce leaves and lay them out the plates. Scatter the lentils over the leaves, followed by the salmon flakes. Slice the whole avocado and lay the slices onto the salad. Finally, add the broccoli stems once cooked.

7) Whisk together the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil with the lemon juice to make the dressing. Pour evenly over the salad and enjoy immediately.

VanBurren
by Beth on May. 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Quoting Tigger72:

hi my nameis geri and i am a mom of 2 boys!1 i am looking for any low carb yummy diabetic recipies or ideas! both my hubby and i have diabetes and my hubby also has seizures so we are looking for yummy meals to keep our blood sugardown11 im the picky one, and he eats everything!!

thanks geri

ladybug

Welcome to the group, Geri!  Glad to have you here:)  We have some great recipes posted here.....we can work on getting some diebetic recipes out there for you (and others who may be looking, too).  Hope you'll join in on all the fun!  Looking forward to getting to know you better.

VanBurren
by Beth on May. 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM

This sounds great and definitely healthy!  Thanks for sharing your recipe with us:)  Be sure to click on "add a post" and add this recipe out in the general area so that the other ladies can enjoy this, too.....only a few come into this introduction post, and I'd really hate for the others to miss out on this great recipe! 

Quoting Helena17:

well my favorite healthy recipe is a Fresh Salmon lemon Salad with slices of avocado and olives. my fiancee's family loves it. plus they prefer me to make salads cuz i guess i have that speciel touch?

Healthy Salmon:

100g lettuce leaves (my favourite is a mixture of pea shoots and baby spinach leaves)

Method

This salad is very quick and simple to make. As there are a number of different stages involved, you can easily prepare the cooked ingredients in advance and assemble just before serving.

1) Cook the salmon by placing the fillets skin down in a hot frying pan or grill pan. Cook for around 3 minutes on a high heat, then lower the temperature and cook for another 3-5 minutes until the flesh turns a peachy colour and is no longer translucent.

2) Flip the salmon fillet over so it’s flesh side down and cook for another two minutes. I like my salmon cooked fairly lightly, so it’s up to you how you prefer it cooked.

3) When the salmon fillets are cooked to your taste, remove them from the pan and pull away the skin. Flake the salmon into large chunks with a fork – you’ll find it naturally falls apart very easily.

4) Next, heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan. When it’s hot, add the lentils and cook for around 2-3 minutes (there will be instructions on the packet) until they are separated and are warmed through. Put to one side in a bowl once heated.

5) Now, steam or boil the broccoli until it is soft but still retains a bit of crunch.

6) Whilst the broccoli is cooking, start to assemble the salad. Wash and dry the lettuce leaves and lay them out the plates. Scatter the lentils over the leaves, followed by the salmon flakes. Slice the whole avocado and lay the slices onto the salad. Finally, add the broccoli stems once cooked.

7) Whisk together the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil with the lemon juice to make the dressing. Pour evenly over the salad and enjoy immediately.

AlexsMoMmY11
by New Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:22 PM

My name is Heather, mommy of a 4 year old extrememly picky eater. I live in Philadelphia, and am definately looking for fun food ideas for kids

VanBurren
by Beth on May. 8, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Quoting AlexsMoMmY11:

My name is Heather, mommy of a 4 year old extrememly picky eater. I live in Philadelphia, and am definately looking for fun food ideas for kids

Hi, Heather!  Welcome to the group!  You're certainly in good company with your picky eater....there are quite a few moms here who struggle with little ones (AND hubbys) who are really picky.  They'll have some great tips and tricks for you:)  Looking forward to getting to know you better!

kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on May. 9, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Hello and welcome to the group:O)

wave

Quoting Tigger72:

thanks geri

ladybug

kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on May. 9, 2012 at 6:34 AM

Hello and Welcome to the group:O)

welcome

Oh the recipe sounds good..:O)

Quoting Helena17:

Healthy Salmon:

Method

kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on May. 9, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Hello and welcome to the group:O)

welcome

Quoting AlexsMoMmY11:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)