Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Food frustration with a 1 year old

Posted by on May. 30, 2011 at 10:02 PM
  • 21 Replies

So I have a one and a half year old. I feel like I am feeding her the same stuff all the time....chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, pasta salad and grilled cheese as the main dish, carrots, green beans, peas or sweet potatoes as the veggie and she will eat ANY fruit. Do you have any suggestions on different things kids her age like? She will TRY anything but at the end of the day only eats what she knows she likes. I would LOVE suggestions!!

by on May. 30, 2011 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Faye_Daisy
by on May. 30, 2011 at 11:09 PM
Roast
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamsOne
by on May. 30, 2011 at 11:57 PM

How about english muffin pizzas? 

Mom2Kylie2708
by Lauren on May. 31, 2011 at 7:19 AM

I have a PICKY 3 year old DD....Always has been and I wont be surprised if she always will be =[ PB and J sandwiches, grilled PB and banana sandwiches, cold cut sandwiches, ravioli that has spinache, cheese and chicken inside...Its soooo hard! My 15 month old DS eats any fruit and veggie you could think of lol. Meats.....forget about it!

Kimberly954
by on May. 31, 2011 at 10:40 AM

This is kind of what she is like. Most veggies and all fruit is ok. Meat, not so much. I have tried pbj and pb banana and those are no go (unless its on toast and then its hit and miss if she will eat it). Ravioli was a no go. So difficult!

Quoting Mom2Kylie2708:

I have a PICKY 3 year old DD....Always has been and I wont be surprised if she always will be =[ PB and J sandwiches, grilled PB and banana sandwiches, cold cut sandwiches, ravioli that has spinache, cheese and chicken inside...Its soooo hard! My 15 month old DS eats any fruit and veggie you could think of lol. Meats.....forget about it!

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on May. 31, 2011 at 10:59 AM

what about lunch meat cut up?  My son is pretty picky and i got him to start eating it and he loves its!

Kimberly954
by on May. 31, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Nope. Couldnt even get her to eat hot dog. What kid doesnt like hot dog??

Quoting KaylaMillar:

what about lunch meat cut up?  My son is pretty picky and i got him to start eating it and he loves its!

Mom2Kylie2708
by Lauren on May. 31, 2011 at 3:15 PM

hmmm...its so hard...i will try to think of some more ideas and maybe research some later for you and come back and let you know!

KamsOne
by on May. 31, 2011 at 6:29 PM

LOL.  My daughter doesn't like hot dogs either.  And she just informed me today that she doesn't like Fluff.  Huh??  Who doesn't love PB&Fluff???

Quoting Kimberly954:

Nope. Couldnt even get her to eat hot dog. What kid doesnt like hot dog??

Quoting KaylaMillar:

andrea96
by on Jun. 1, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Many kids that age don't like meat. My son wouldn't eat meat for the longest time. I would just keep letting her try meat, but make sure she gets protein from other foods.

periwinkle163
by on Jun. 1, 2011 at 12:33 PM

With my kiddos I let them help in the kitchen to get them interested, but that with be hard with a one year old. My kids were more grazers at that age. Both of them loved baked chicken with Italian dressing brushed on though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)