Memorial Day weekend at my house was a hit. There is nothing better than a day spent with family and friends, barbecuing and enjoying the sunshine (at least in our neck of the woods, there was sun - luckily).
That being said, this holiday is really a kick off for all things summer. And nothing says summer like an outdoor cookout.
We recently got a new grill, and decided to test it out. On the menu was chicken, hot dogs, corn on the cob and of course our family's favorite roasted rosemary potato skewers. These potatoes are great and we always make sure to make a few more skewers more than we need so we have left overs.
We ate them that night, hot off the grill, and I plan to use then this evening chopped up in a salad along with the left over chicken and corn. YUM. Healthy and easy.
Another great thing about the potatoes? They are amazingly easy for the big bold taste you get as the end result. Great for feeding a hungry crowd. Here's what you need:
Enough extra virgin olive oil to coat cut potatoes (you can also use canola oil in a pinch)
2 medium-sized red potatoes per person
Rosemary, pepper, sea salt to taste
- Clean and wash potatoes and cut them into fourths or pieces big enough to fit onto skewers.
- Put clean, cut potatoes into a gallon sized plastic bag and add olive oil and spices.
- Close bag tight, shake to coat.
- Let marinate for 20 minutes
- Skewer and place directly on grill. Cook until desired tenderness
- Serve and enjoy.
Moms - what are your favorite food items to skewer on the grill?