Best. Potato. Salad. Ever.
That's a big claim. I know. But seriously, once you taste this, I promise it's going to be a go to recipe for your family through out the summer and maybe even beyond. It could be because my family is crazy about bacon, but who isn't?
Here's the recipe:
2 ½ lbs red potatoes, cut into eights
5 slices of bacon
½ cup mayo
¼ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
4 green onions
3 celery sticks, chopped
3 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- Boil potatoes until tender.
- Cook bacon until crisp, and cut into one-inch pieces.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Fold in green onions, cheese, potatoes and bacon.
- Can be served immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
So, what to serve with this salad? It's a great accompaniment for burgers, hotdogs, and sandwiches. Perfect for picnics and a breezy summer meal. I find that my two and a half year old really likes potato salad. Well, really anything with potatoes in it, but potato salad in particular. I'm definitely ok with that, as long as I can get him to eat something!
Ok summer chefs, what are your favorite potato salad ad-ins? As I'm sure we'll see in the comments, the possibilities are endless for delish salads!