Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Breakfast for Dinner is a Winner!

Posted by   + Show Post

Sometimes, around 4 pm, I find myself drawing a complete BLANK, when it comes to deciding what to make for dinner. I open the fridge a dozen times; stick my head into the pantry more times than I can count, all while hoping that something will stand out amongst the cans and boxes. Nothing. Then it hits me. Breakfast for dinner!  Who doesn't love that? It's a family favorite over at our house - and that's an understatement. It seems that with breakfast for dinner, there are a ton of variations you can do to satisfy everyone's palate (even picky eaters). Here are a few quick ideas on breakfast for dinner that I have tried before in my own kitchen.

Potato Veggie Frittata - Just make the frittata as you normally would, adding thin slices of potatoes along with julienned veggies. Top with sharp cheddar cheese and serve hot.

Potato Pancakes - Top these favorites with sour cream and apple sauce. Serve with scrambled eggs and fresh fruit. 

Hash Browns - Serve with eggs, bacon and even pancakes. Golden brown, perfectly salted hash browns are the perfect compliment to every breakfast.

Homestyle Potatoes  - My personal favorite. Dice potatoes into cubes. Add onion and green peppers, a generous amount of fresh cracked black pepper, and serve skillet style with fried eggs on top.  Make extra of these, and you can heat them up the next night and serve along baked chicken with a salad

Moms, what's on your breakfast for dinner menu?

by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-35):
lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Usually banana pancakes, ham and eggs.  It's my DD's favorite meal.

bamababe1975
by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 7:49 PM
Yep, we love doing that, too, but it's nothing so fancy as that. For us it's usually just bacon and/or sausage, scrambled eggs, grits, and biscuits/cornbread.
Kmakksmom
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Hash browns. Definitely hash browns. If I eat eggs at dinnertime I get a very upset stomach.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by on Jan. 24, 2012 at 11:22 AM

sausage ..eggs toast tee hee

crazymomof4787
by on Jan. 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM

We do breakfast for dinner alot.  Dh got me a belgiam waffle maker for christmas.  So we use that a lot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)