Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breakfast for Dinner is a Winner!

Posted by   + Show Post

Sometimes, around 4 pm, I find myself drawing a complete BLANK, when it comes to deciding what to make for dinner. I open the fridge a dozen times; stick my head into the pantry more times than I can count, all while hoping that something will stand out amongst the cans and boxes. Nothing. Then it hits me. Breakfast for dinner!  Who doesn't love that? It's a family favorite over at our house - and that's an understatement. It seems that with breakfast for dinner, there are a ton of variations you can do to satisfy everyone's palate (even picky eaters). Here are a few quick ideas on breakfast for dinner that I have tried before in my own kitchen.

Potato Veggie Frittata - Just make the frittata as you normally would, adding thin slices of potatoes along with julienned veggies. Top with sharp cheddar cheese and serve hot.

Potato Pancakes - Top these favorites with sour cream and apple sauce. Serve with scrambled eggs and fresh fruit. 

Hash Browns - Serve with eggs, bacon and even pancakes. Golden brown, perfectly salted hash browns are the perfect compliment to every breakfast.

Homestyle Potatoes  - My personal favorite. Dice potatoes into cubes. Add onion and green peppers, a generous amount of fresh cracked black pepper, and serve skillet style with fried eggs on top.  Make extra of these, and you can heat them up the next night and serve along baked chicken with a salad

Moms, what's on your breakfast for dinner menu?

by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
KamsOne
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 9:40 AM

If we have breakfast for dinner it's usually French toast and bacon.  Sometimes pancakes and scrambled eggs.  Or sometimes we just have a bowl of cereal or oatmeal.

matheson7
Happy Easter.
Yesterday at 5:39 PM
by Member on Jun. 7, 2011 at 5:16 PM

We normally will have bacon, eggs, homemade sausage gravy and biscuits for dinner. So good.

Terri441
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Pancake, baked eggs casserole, home made hashbrowns, and bacon is a normal breakfast for dinner for us :)

Terri441
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 6:46 PM

I had actually never had pancakes for breakfast when I got married. My husbands family thought it was weird I thought of them as a supper food. I've converted my husband though :)

sarahjz
by on Jun. 8, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Biscuits and Gravy are great for dinner.

We also really like pancakes with fresh blueberries.

sarahjz
by on Jun. 8, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Quoting sarahjz:

Biscuits and Gravy are great for dinner.

We also really like pancakes with fresh blueberries.

Oh yeah, and anything with hashbrowns.  My husband would gladly eat hashbrowns at any meal.

Faye_Daisy
by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 11:12 AM
Biscuits and gravy are our fav for dinner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet_bumblbee
by New Member on Jun. 10, 2011 at 10:11 AM

We always do pancakes, bacon and eggs :)

AlL_eYeS_oN_mE
by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 1:13 PM

those sound great! unfortunately my husband is anti breakfast for dinner. i dont know what he has against it. lol

delanna6two
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2011 at 3:30 PM

pancakes or egg buns and fries

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)