I made this tonight and paired it with a salad....simple, inexpensive, and hearty enough for my DH. And besides the salad mixing bowl, I only had to get one cassarole dish dirty!
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 10m | Total Time: 50m
- 2 15.5-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano, plus leaves for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 3 pounds total)
- Heat oven to 425° F. In a 9-by-13-inch (or some other large) baking dish, toss the beans and tomatoes with the thyme and oregano sprigs, garlic, red pepper, 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Pat the chicken dry and place on top of the bean mixture, skin-side up. Rub with the remaining tablespoon of oil; season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Roast until the chicken is golden and cooked through, 35 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle with the oregano leaves.