2 lemons, juiced
2 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp kosher salt
4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( can substitute 1 lb lamb or shrimp)
Chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, mint, and italian parsley ( optional)
Fresh lemon wedges for garnish
1. Place yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in a medium glass bowl and mix. ( You can also use a large, resealable plastic bag.) Reserve 1/2 cup of mixture.
2. Add chicken, shrimp, or lamb.
3. Marinate for 30 minutes to 6 hours ( longer marinating time means more flavor and less cooking time).
4. Heat the grill to high, then reduce to medium before cooking meat.
5. Discard marinade and add meat to grill.
6. Cook shrimp approximately 2 minutes per side and lamb and boneless, skinless chicken breasts 4 to 7 minutes per side depending on thickness. Finish with a sprinkle of fresh herbs and serve with reserved yogurt sauce and fresh lemon wedges.