Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Broiled Chicken Thighs with Chipotle Sauce

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 7:59 PM
  • 3 Replies

BROILED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CHIPOTLE SAUCE

1-1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. packed light brown sugar
3/4 tsp. ground chipotle chile
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
Kosher salt
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1-3/4 lb.), trimmed
3 Tbs. olive oil
1 medium clove garlic
1 large or 2 small jarred roasted red peppers, drained
1 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro

Position a rack about 6 inches from the broiler and heat the broiler on high. In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp. of the cumin, the sugar, 1/4 tsp. of the chipotle, the cinnamon, and 1 tsp. salt. In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with 1 Tbs. of the oil, and then toss with the spice mixture.

Arrange the chicken on a rack set over a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil and broil until the chicken browns lightly on top, about 5 minutes. Flip the chicken and continue to broil until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes more.

Meanwhile, coarsely chop the garlic and sprinkle it with 1/4 tsp. salt. Using the flat side of a chef’s knife, smear and mash the garlic and salt together to form a coarse paste. Transfer the garlic paste to a food processor and add the roasted red pepper, the remaining 2 Tbs. oil, the remaining 1/2 tsp. each of cumin and chipotle, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Purée into a smooth sauce.

Garnish the chicken with the cilantro and serve with the sauce.

by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
aidansmommy219
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2011 at 9:00 PM

um, i love pictures with recipes..as soon as i saw this all i could say was mmmm..lol..chicken on the brain lately...cant get enough of it!

VanBurren
by Beth on Aug. 24, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Quoting aidansmommy219:

um, i love pictures with recipes..as soon as i saw this all i could say was mmmm..lol..chicken on the brain lately...cant get enough of it!

This seemed like it would be a good change from all the other chicken dishes I usually make.  I tend to make more chicken dishes than anything.

kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on Aug. 26, 2011 at 9:49 PM

looks very good..:o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)