Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

control journals.....

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:49 AM
  • 10 Replies

just wondering if anyone used a control journal / family planner?

if so...what do you have in it and do you actually use it?

by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
butterfly-jo
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:52 AM

i have one.....it is on my computer though.

i keep sections for:
~cleaning lists: daily, weekly, monthly/seasonally
~addresses
~party planning (for the kiddos b-days)
~master packing lists

Flaca43
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:54 AM
I haven't for a while, but just found one I never used while unpacking. In going to start on it...meals, cleaning, appointments, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterfly-jo
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:57 AM

i also made a holiday control journal...just using a 3-ring binder...to help me plan / prepare for the holiday season.

it has sections for :

~home management:  revised cleaning list, meal planning, etc.
~party planning:  calendars to plan, family fun activies for us to do, event we are hosting or attending and menus for those .
~gift giving:  brainstorming ideas, list of who and what my budget is, card list, etc.

VanBurren
by Beth on Sep. 1, 2011 at 9:02 AM

I used to keep a journal of sorts when I was decorating cakes.  I'd write the details that someone wanted, draw a sketch of either what they wanted or what I came up with, etc.

inschoolmama
by Member on Sep. 1, 2011 at 9:16 AM

I have a calendar and I write the kids sports and Dr. appointments. We have a budget on the computer we use...

donna1028
by Donna on Sep. 1, 2011 at 9:21 AM

I have a planner and a giant white board. the planner gets appointments and meal plans and other things in it. the white board is great for reminders between family members, messages and other randomness

kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on Sep. 1, 2011 at 9:39 AM

No, I don't.. but i keep saying i need too.. :o)

amyjane22
by Amy on Sep. 1, 2011 at 1:00 PM

I don't keep a control journal, but I set all kinds of reminders on my iPhone....if I didn't, I'd forget everything!  I also keep a flylady list on my computer.

butterfly-jo
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:20 PM

we have a giant white board too...and a big cork board above that.  the white board we use for messages and i write the kids 'to do' list there too...so they see it as soon as they come in from school.

the cork board usually has flyers, school newsletters or some kind of junk on it.

Quoting donna1028:

I have a planner and a giant white board. the planner gets appointments and meal plans and other things in it. the white board is great for reminders between family members, messages and other randomness

cherylw993
by Cheryl on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:26 PM

I do have one from the Flylady, but I haven't used it in a while.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)