Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Fall Slowcooker Favorites

Posted by   + Show Post

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my slowcooker? Of course you know, because I talk about it all the time! It's my timesaver. My kitchen crutch. But, now that the cooler weather is here, it's time to really crank it up. Here are a few of my favorite Fall slow cooker favorites.

Meat and Potatoes - I mean, come on! Those just go together. Throw a nice roast (whether it be beef or pork), some red potatoes and carrots into your slow cooker and season simply. Set it in the morning and then come home to a one pot meal that will please all. It also makes for some delicious left overs.

Curried Chicken and Potatoes - I recently made this and could not believe how tastey it was. Just the right amount of spice. You'll need chicken, potatoes, garbanzos, garlic and onions. Mix it all with some cayenne and curry powder and a can of chicken broth. Set for five hours on high, and then serve with jasmine rice.

Potato Chowder - There are so many recipes for this family favorite online. Go ahead and take your pick. But basically all you need is peeled and cubed potatoes, celery, cream of mushroom soup, ham and corn. Put it all together. Let the flavors cook slowly. Serve piping hot!

Moms, what are your favorite fall slowcooker meals?

by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-34):
Flaca43
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2011 at 10:57 PM
You should. There are many different ones...& so yummy!

Quoting BiTcHy_MaMa:

i dont think I have ever made chicken in my crock pot lol.... I dont know why but I havent maybe I will..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkLillies
by New Member on Oct. 1, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I absolutely love my slow cooker.  I have only had it for about 8 months....I honestly don't know how I survived so many years without one lol.  I use mine on average at least 5 days a week...even in the Summer.

Some of my favorite meals to prepare in the slow cooker are of course pot roast and BBQ Pulled Pork.

I also make Buffalo Chicken Breast often.  It's very simple.  Brown the Chicken Breast in a little olive oil, I sprinkle it with garlic powder as well.  The simply put the chicken breast in the cooker and add a mixture of Hot Wing Sauce mixed with either blue cheese or ranch dressing...the amount  depends on your family's taste and how hot you want it to be.  Cook on low for 4-5 hours.  I then take the liquid from the cooker and use that to cook brown rice in which I call Buffalo Chicken Rice.

powow65
by New Member on Oct. 1, 2011 at 10:21 PM

the potato chowder does sound very good!

i dont have any "fave slow cooker" meals.

Kmakksmom
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Pot roast, beef stew, spaghetti sauce...there isn't much we don't use our crockpot for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN