Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Fall Favorites for Your Picky Eaters

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:00 AM
  • 40 Replies

Picky eaters. Is there one in your household? There is definitely one in ours.  But not to worry! There are things that you can do. And the best thing to do, is keep on offering the same foods, just in different and new ways! Sound too difficult? I've already thought up a few for you. Here are a few fall favorites of our picky eater.

Chicken Pot Pie - This is great for hiding healthy veggies and protein rich chicken into one cute and tasty package. You can make one big pie here or make individual pies. But whatever you do, get the ready-made crust. What are we super heroes? Come on! You don't have to cover the top with crust, you can make a super yummy potato topping, just by whipping up some mashed potatoes and pipe it onto the top. This adds even more vitamins, minerals and much needed fiber. Bake until golden on top and crust is done.

Mashed Potato Pinwheels - Take a large whole grain tortilla. Spread with mashed potatoes.  Add in sliced cheese and some lunchmeat (like turkey or ham). Roll up, and then slice.  The end result is some super fun finger food. Serve with fruit or a side of corn on the cob.

Super Sneaky Cornbread Muffins - I always make the cornbread as directed, but I add in some veggies. Shredded carrots, zucchini and squash. Bake it all together and top with cheddar cheese. These make for a great snack or dinner side along witih some milk.

Moms, what are you favorite fall meals that everyone enjoys - even the picky eaters in your home?

by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supergirl_mommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:07 AM
I love these ideas got to try them out..turkey chilli, baked potato soup, tomato soup and grilled cheese.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RosePetalTears
by Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:10 AM

i sneak squash and pumpkin into my kids smoothies. Peaches, which are also in season, help hide the taste

really well too      :)

Flaca43
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:21 AM
These recipes are great ideas! Sound good too! I love the cornbread muffins! Luckily my children aren't picky..well..my oldest son hates spinach. I do put it in lasagna though...and he loves it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 3, 2011 at 1:05 AM
I love your ideas! I'm lucky that for the most part my family isn't very picky. The 2 younger ones are not big meat eaters so I tend to shred meats for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by Brittney on Oct. 3, 2011 at 7:37 AM
I have a picky eater! Thanks for the tips.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:10 PM

great ideas, thanks...  I don't really have  a picky eater.. I have one that wont eat onions but i sneak them into almost every thing i make he doesn't even notice..lol:o)

VanBurren
by Beth on Oct. 3, 2011 at 7:33 PM

My son will pretty much eat anything, so he's not hard to please.  Now, Derrick on the other hand, is very picky, and there's no getting around him.  I can't hide good stuff in food. . .he always needs to know what's in it.  I admit that he's getting better about trying new things, but it's impossible to "sneak" things in on him.

lasombrs
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 7:43 PM
me too thanks

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

I have a picky eater! Thanks for the tips.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by Laina on Oct. 4, 2011 at 8:43 AM

peppers, onions, carrots, zucchini in pasta sauce, chili, meatloaf , zucchini fries.

amiesue1
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2011 at 9:58 AM

great ideas!!!! thank you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN