Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Halloween Themed Dinners Part 1

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 12:00 AM
  • 29 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mummy brains meet night of the living dead potatoes. No, this is not the latest horror flick at the corner cinema. This, my friends, is what I am planning on making for my Halloween dinner! Translation - slow cooked barbeque meatballs and mashed potatoes. While the name is a trick, the taste of the meal will definitely be a treat!

For the mummy brains, I plan on slow cooking ready-made meatballs in a sauce of two parts spaghetti sauce and one part bbq sauce for about three hours.  Once tender, I will serve these over oven-baked rolls. Cheese of any sort will be great for a topper. For the night of the living dead potatoes - I'll make my mashers as I usually do, but as decoration, I will use a bit of ketchup on top as "blood." I might even experiment with a bit of ketchup in the potatoes to give it all a pinkish hue.

Moms, share your favorite Halloween dinner recipes here and let me know what you think of this "killer" idea.

by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviasMommy611
by Brittney on Oct. 24, 2011 at 9:02 AM
I love this idea!! I always wondered how meatballs for subs were made!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterfly-jo
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 9:25 AM

i'm making mummy pizzas for the kids.  we are also hving punch with a frozen purple hand (purple kool-aid) and a few other things that some friends are making.  it will be much fun i think.

imadekyle
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 9:36 AM

i have seen a few ideas here on the group that i will try the weekend before. Halloween is just too busy for me to make a special dinner....maybe a hot dog wrapped in a croissant....and it will look like a mummy :)

lasombrs
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 9:45 AM
that sounds fun. we are going out of state to trick or treat with family so i wont be doing dinner
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds great! I was thinking of making the meatloaf shaped like a hand in blood. Not sure what else...I'm going to have to search around now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on Oct. 24, 2011 at 11:36 AM

We are having Homemade English mummies( pizza  made out of English muffin). i also making forked eyeballs.... get doughnut holes.. and dipped them into white chocolate that's been melted.... stick a semi sweet chocolate chip with its point cut off into the the doughnut hole. place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper  for chocolate  to harden. then use a tube of red decorator frosting to add squiggly veins... 

kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on Oct. 24, 2011 at 11:36 AM

love your ideas too.. :o)

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 24, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Im making a Halloween meal this Saturday night for our Halloween party, here are a few things I will be making:

Cooking w/ Kids: Slimy Worms On A Bun

Cooking w/ Kids: Wiener Wraps

Cooking w/ Kids: Bones n’ Blood

Cooking w/ Kids: Pumpkin Seeds

Im also doing mashed maggots aka potato salad with green food coloring and red deviled eggs, again just adding a bit of food coloring. and a few other things too. 

VanBurren
by Beth on Oct. 24, 2011 at 4:14 PM

How fun!!  I've always wanted to do the Kitty Litter Box Cake, but just never got around to it.  My boss always orders Halloween cupcakes from me, so I'll be working on those this week for his party coming up on Saturday.

supergirl_mommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 6:27 PM
Im planning on making mummies in blanket. And of course cupcakes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)