Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Halloween Themed Dinners Part 2

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 12:00 AM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

If you are looking to wow your tiny Halloween guests with a phantasmic Halloween dinner, look no further than this recipe for mummy meatloaf. It's fun and easy, and really makes for a mouthful for dinner goodness.

Make you meatloaf as usual, but when it comes time to place it into a pan use a round one instead of a rectangular one.  And, instead of the usual sauce topping, use a piping bag to criss-cross strands of mashed potatoes that emulate the bandages on a mummy. Use a strip of bell pepper for the mouth and two olives for the eyes. Cover with tin foil and then unwrap the last ten minutes of cooking so the potatoes have time to brown. Serve with a side of veggies and you have a very well rounded Halloween meal.

Moms, what are the most memorable Halloween themed foods you've ever eaten?

by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviasMommy611
by Brittney on Oct. 24, 2011 at 8:59 AM
I never had anything crazy but I did see a jello mold that was a brain! Spooky
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterfly-jo
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 9:27 AM

i've never really done halloween themed food before, this will be my first year.  i hope it turns out well.

imadekyle
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 9:29 AM

What a super cute idea! the most creative i have gotten was dry ice in the punch bowl :)

lasombrs
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 9:53 AM
ive done red jello with gummy worms at the bottom, and cookies the look like spiders with pretzels for the legs but thats it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:26 AM
I've never really done themed ones before...just like Halloween cupcakes..so I'm excited to do something this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on Oct. 24, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Love the idea.....  We make English muffin pizza mummy...

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 24, 2011 at 3:02 PM

I just posted some great ideas in the other post and have shared a few through out the group. One thing Im looking forward to making/trying this year is Pull-Apart Spiderweb Cupcakes

Pull-Apart Spiderweb Cupcakes

You Need: 

box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix (or other flavor)
Water, vegetable oil and egg whites or eggs called for on cake mix box
Orange gel food color
containers Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
tube (0.68 oz) Betty Crocker® black decorating gel
Plastic spiders (for decoration)

To Make: 

• 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
  • 2Mix and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
  • 3On large round platter or pizza pan, arrange cupcakes, placing them close together. In medium bowl, mix food color and frosting. Spread frosting over cupcakes and spaces in between to create 1 large circle of frosting. Squeeze 1 large dot of black gel in center of frosting. With gel, draw concentric circles around the dot, spacing them about 2 inches apart. To create the web design, drag a toothpick from the center dot to the outer edge of the circle, about 12 times. Place plastic spiders on web. Store loosely covered.
VanBurren
by Beth on Oct. 24, 2011 at 4:17 PM

I've never really had any themed foods that were memorable, but I really like the meatloaf and potatoes idea:)  Cupcakes and desserts are my specialty, so that's about all I do for any holiday.

supergirl_mommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 6:29 PM
All of the ideas sound like so much fun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dabberdoo
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 8:02 PM

I have never eaten Halloween themed food.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)