Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Luxurious Leftovers Part 2 -

Posted by   + Show Post

In my last post, I talked about making delectable turkey taquitos with your Thanksgiving leftovers. If you're looking for something a little more traditional, why not try this turkey, tomato and potato frittata.

Make your frittata as you usually would, and add your cubed turkey, thinly sliced new potatoes and Roma tomatoes. Finish with chopped basil and mozzarella cheese. And, instead of using one pie tin, try using a muffin pan to make individual frittatas. I know my kids love this.

The basil really gives this meal a nice touch and it smells wonderful coming out of the oven. If you prefer, you could also use other herbs like rosemary. Serve with a side salad and some crusty French bread!

Moms, what is the most inventive recipe you've concocted from Thanksgiving leftovers?

by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-29):
mjimaging
by Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:27 AM
Those look awesome. I think I'm out of turkey for this holiday but maybe me t time we have turkey.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolina_gal
by Member on Dec. 5, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Same here.

Quoting Dabberdoo:

I posted my only "leftover recipe" in the other thread.  Honestly we like to eat everything as it is in addition to some turkey sandwiches.  No need to for anything else.

carolina_gal
by Member on Dec. 5, 2011 at 10:30 AM

I like the frittata idea and would probably leave out the meat altogether.

carolina_gal
by Member on Dec. 5, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Yumm!

Quoting amyjane22:

That sounds wonderful. 

The most creative I've been is to make turkey melts....which isn't that creative.  

This year, I craved turkey & fresh cranberry sauce on a yeast roll, so that's how I enjoyed the leftovers :)

yellowdaisy2011
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 10:35 AM

I saute' sweet onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and carrots in butter EVOO mix. Pepper, salt and other seasonings to liking.

suziejax
by Member on Jan. 4, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I love left overs!

critter_boo
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM

day after thanksgiving sandwich

SevysMomma
by on Jan. 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Wow that looks delicious, thanks!

Kmakksmom
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Yum! These sound good. My husband is the creative genius in our kitchen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)