Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Baked French Fries Go With Everything

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 68 Replies
2 moms liked this

I rack my brain every week about dinners that everyone will like, and then I thought who doesn't like French fries. I think it goes without saying that they are definitely a family favorite, and a side I rely on regularly to make the rest of the dinner a little bit more palatable. And, I've come to make them in a more healthful way. I bake instead of fry and use olive oil instead of other more fattening oils that have more saturated fats.

Wash and peel your potatoes (whether they're white or sweet), then cut into strips according to your personal preference of thickness.  Add them into a gallon sized freezer bag and then add your olive oil. Seal tightly and shake so you get a good even coating. Spread them out onto a cookie sheet and sprinkle liberally with the seasoning of your choice. I always go simple with cracked black pepper and sea salt.  Pop them in the oven at 425 until they are crispy and golden brown.\

These tasty fries go well with a ton of main dishes including pork chops, burgers (of course), baked chicken, roast beef, and a bunch of others.

Moms, what would you serve along side these baked French fries and what other seasonings would you use to spice them up?

by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bether89
by Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I serve fries with baked chicken fingers, porkchop, chicken, or almost anything.

LOswald0314
by Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I'll serve them with anything, especially for my toddler.  I don't do anything fancy to them, just a little salt or seasonall.

ripemango
by Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 12:47 AM

here's a tip I read on allrecipes, I think it was. To get the outside crispy sprinkle a little sugar over them or include in the oil when tossing them. You don't taste the tsp of sugar, it just makes the outside really crispy like they were fried.

i serve ours with baked beans or a simple salad.

Flaca43
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 6:39 AM
I serve them with fish fillets as well as Tony's homemade hamburgers and cheeseburgers. I would add garlic and onion powders to the fries too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on Jan. 9, 2012 at 6:48 AM

I serve this with alot things.. yummm mini  cheese burgers

elasmimi
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 8:21 AM

I'd sprinkle with some rosemary.

elasmimi
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I can never slice raw sweet potatoes, they are so hard. Any tips for this?

Dabberdoo
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Seasoned salt or park cheese.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidansmommy219
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 9:04 AM

mmm french fries...salt and pepper are the best for french fries...lots of pepper :) i'd make cheeseburger sliders with them. oooo looks good lol

MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 9:09 AM

That sounds so yummy, Served up with some baked chicken and sea salt!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)