Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Baked French Fries Go With Everything

Posted by   + Show Post

I rack my brain every week about dinners that everyone will like, and then I thought who doesn't like French fries. I think it goes without saying that they are definitely a family favorite, and a side I rely on regularly to make the rest of the dinner a little bit more palatable. And, I've come to make them in a more healthful way. I bake instead of fry and use olive oil instead of other more fattening oils that have more saturated fats.

Wash and peel your potatoes (whether they're white or sweet), then cut into strips according to your personal preference of thickness.  Add them into a gallon sized freezer bag and then add your olive oil. Seal tightly and shake so you get a good even coating. Spread them out onto a cookie sheet and sprinkle liberally with the seasoning of your choice. I always go simple with cracked black pepper and sea salt.  Pop them in the oven at 425 until they are crispy and golden brown.\

These tasty fries go well with a ton of main dishes including pork chops, burgers (of course), baked chicken, roast beef, and a bunch of others.

Moms, what would you serve along side these baked French fries and what other seasonings would you use to spice them up?

by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (61-68):
iam4you2
by Member on Jan. 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Brocolli

elasmimi
by on Jan. 21, 2012 at 9:49 AM

chili powder would be good.

Pnukey
by Member on Jan. 21, 2012 at 10:23 PM

We like to sprinkle them with salt and pepper when they are fresh out of the oven.

KristinRox
by Member on Jan. 21, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Fish Sticks for sure. 

KristinRox
by Member on Jan. 21, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I sometimes cut up raw veggies and put them with the french fries. 

KristinRox
by Member on Jan. 21, 2012 at 10:28 PM

This looks and sounds so yummy! 

Quoting heathermichelle:

That looks so yummy!!

Quoting ZsMommy:

Made this last night using a mix of chipolte seasoned sweet potato fries and regular seasoned fries.I modified the recipe using Tony Chachere's Spice &Herb blend to season turkey burger (instead of ground beef) and used Ragu's Double Cheddar cheese sauce on top

Instead of baked french fries being a side...they were part of the main meal (I made a salad to go with)

1 1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef
1/2 an onion, diced
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 (7 ounce) can diced mild green chiles
1 (15 ounce) can Garacias Nacho Cheese Mexican Cheese Sauce, medium or mild (I used medium)
1 heaping cup shredded chipotle cheddar cheese, or cheddar cheese of your choice
About 1 pound frozen shoe string french fries
A sprinkle of salt for fries

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Get out a 9x13 inch Pyrex pan and a large skillet.Cook the ground beef, onions, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and fresh ground pepper together over medium high heat until no longer pink, Strain off the fat and place the meat mixture back in the pan.Add the chiles and nacho cheese sauce to the pan and stir into the meat. Cook for about four minutes on medium low until combined and warmed through.Pour the meat mixture into the 9x13 inch pan. Spread out and top with shredded cheddar. Top with frozen fries and sprinkle lightly with salt.Bake for 30 minutes.

2010_12170056

JOIN US ON:

my4boys2002
by Member on Jan. 21, 2012 at 11:20 PM
I try baked fries alot and can never get them to come out good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KTMOM
by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 2:58 PM

i love french fries.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN