Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Ever notice that your kid is more likely to eat anything you put on a stick, whether it's a toothpick or skewer? Well, I have. And, the idea has been a saving grace for the picky eaters in my house. For instance, I was having a hard time getting my child to eat enough protein. He didn't seem to like the taste of meet, and he barely touched his beans and other protein rich items. So, I took a skewer and did a variation of what we were having that night for dinner - chicken and new potatoes. I cubed the chicken and put the whole new potato on the skewer and served it with a barbeque and ranch dipping sauce. And there you have it. He ate the whole thing and asked for seconds.

As for the toothpick method? I've resorted to making kid friendly dinner "appetizers" in order to get them the nutrients they need. I just did a Swedish meatball toothpick along side mash potatoes. I alternated the meatballs with cooked baby carrots. 

Moms, what would you put on a skewer or a toothpick to get your child to eat a balanced dinner?

by on Jan. 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-41):
Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I may try this with my 5 yo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN