Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever strayed from a recipe and discovered a fab new meal? Tell us about it!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

As a mom, you likely have a list of "go-to" dishes that you make for your family each week, right? How often do you switch it up?

We gave 50 moms coupons for Betty Crocker Potatoes and asked them to re-create one of their favorite potato dishes using Betty Crocker Potatoes.  We also asked them to walk us through preparing the meal and to share what their family honestly thought about their new dish. 

Have you ever strayed from a recipe and discovered a fab new meal? Tell us about it!

>< The CafeMom Team

eating

by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Replies (131-134):
Flaca43
by Platinum Member on May. 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Has me curious...might try this!!

Quoting KJPsMommy:

Well I was in the mood on night for spaghetti and only had angel hair pasta, Thompson's sausage and syrup. I know I know it sounds gross but oddly enough its not. I call it "Breakfast Spaghetti!" Good the pasta as you normally would. set it aside. Cut the thompsons sausage into 1/2 inch pieces cook themm in a skillet and just before it is done take your favorite waffle/pancake syrup and pour into the skillet enough to coat the sausage. Let it cook for about 2-3 minutes long enough to coat the sausage. Toss some pasta in a bowl and place sauce and sausage ontop and enjoy!

MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 28, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Lots of great ideas!!! Thanks ladies!! 

missheathyr
by New Member on May. 28, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I usually do a new recipe their way the first time. If I like it fine. But more often than not I tweek it and make it my own. Whether its a different spice or an added ingredient.

ssmiley4u
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Sorry so long to reply- Cut them in half. (take seeds out and wash them). They do NOT get soggy. Milk only makes the crackers stick and they get a nice coating on the outside. Healthy as no deep fat frying. Enjoy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)