Breakfast for Dinner Part 1 - Country Scramble Breakfast Burritos
Any recipe that has the word burrito in it is an instant family favorite around here. We love hand held food and this recipe for Country Scramble Breakfast Burritos is no exception. Also, it's a great excuse to have another breakfast for dinner night. Check it out. Here's what you'll need:
1/4 lb. bulk turkey breakfast sausage
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 small red potatoes, unpeeled, diced (3/4 cup)
1 (8-oz.) carton (1 cup) refrigerated or frozen fat-free egg product, thawed, or 4 eggs, beaten
4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
4 tablespoons reduced-fat smoky Cheddar cold pack cheese food
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add sausage, onion and potatoes; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- 3 Add egg product to same skillet; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until firm but moist, stirring frequently.
- 4 Spread each tortilla with 1-tablespoon cheese food; spread to within 1/2 inch of edge. Place on sprayed cookie sheet. Spoon 1/4 of egg product, and 1/4 of sausage mixture down center of each tortilla. Fold bottom of each tortilla up over filling; fold right side to center. Fold left side over right side. Secure with wooden toothpick.
- 5 Bake at 375°F. for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, serve with salsa.
Moms, what other ingredients would you add to make the ultimate breakfast for dinner burrito?
Image Courtesy of Betty Crocker