Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Breakfast for Dinner Part 1 - Country Scramble Breakfast Burritos

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 29 Replies
2 moms liked this

Any recipe that has the word burrito in it is an instant family favorite around here. We love hand held food and this recipe for Country Scramble Breakfast Burritos is no exception. Also, it's a great excuse to have another breakfast for dinner night. Check it out. Here's what you'll need:

1/4  lb. bulk turkey breakfast sausage

1/4 cup chopped onion

2 small red potatoes, unpeeled, diced (3/4 cup)

1 (8-oz.) carton (1 cup) refrigerated or frozen fat-free egg product, thawed, or 4 eggs, beaten

4 (8-inch) flour tortillas

4 tablespoons reduced-fat smoky Cheddar cold pack cheese food

• 1 Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
  • 2 Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add sausage, onion and potatoes; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
  • 3 Add egg product to same skillet; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until firm but moist, stirring frequently.
  • 4 Spread each tortilla with 1-tablespoon cheese food; spread to within 1/2 inch of edge. Place on sprayed cookie sheet. Spoon 1/4 of egg product, and 1/4 of sausage mixture down center of each tortilla. Fold bottom of each tortilla up over filling; fold right side to center. Fold left side over right side. Secure with wooden toothpick.
  • 5 Bake at 375°F. for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, serve with salsa.

Moms, what other ingredients would you add to make the ultimate breakfast for dinner burrito?

Image Courtesy of Betty Crocker

by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Granny1952
by Bobbi on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Sounds so good it is already saved.eating

lasombrs
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:09 AM
i dont really like eggs so most breakfast foods are not my thing. i cant stand the smell of them cooking :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:02 AM
This sounds good to me, don't think I would add anything else to it! I want to do a breakfast for dinner one day this week now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM

sounds very good:O)

OliviasMommy611
by Brittney on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Red peppers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsblissmas
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I'm so with you - I love burritos and I love breakfast for dinner. I am definitely going to try this one. Got it bookmarked! Thank you for passing this on. =)

imadekyle
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:06 PM

some cilantro and salsa would make it complete for me :)

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:07 PM
I make breakfast burritos often! They are great if you need to make a breakfast to go (anytime of day). Sometimes I do use sausage but also bacon, ham, cut up sausage links. Shredded cheese and hash browns are good fillers too. My hubby likes his with Salsa and my kids like ranch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidansmommy219
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM

this would be a good way to help me use up some of these eggs in the house!

i'd load them up with extra cheese but i don't think i'd add anything else.

VanBurren
by Beth on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Green peppers and mushrooms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN