Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dh is on a new health kick and this time he wants to not eat meat during weekdays. My dh does not like most veggies - has always been a 'meat and potato' kind of person, so for him to not want me to make what most of our meals consist of is a total challenge

Any meatless meal ideas? Even if there are veggies in them, I can usually take them out of his portion. I have some basics (cheese quesadillas, meatless spaghetti, red beans and rice, etc) but I am really stuck on things that I can make 5 nights out of the week with out repeating it over and over.
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Replies (31-40):
rjsmommy214
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 7:35 AM

BUMP!

rkoloms
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Quoting swmmra:

there are really good veggie burgers that you can buy, as well as veggie patties and such. But if he is really that much of a meat and potato guy, this probably won't last long enough to go through your weeks worth of meals. 

One of my favs is homemade chili (meatless) over baked potato with cheese and steamed broccoli and cauliflower. I love it!!

Many of the veggie burgers are made from highly processed, genetically modified soy; sadly, not healthy. Boca does have a handful of organic products

JackelineEllis
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 7:45 AM
looks great

JocelynsMama1
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:06 AM

how is that healthy at all...if hes not gonna eat meat or veggies then his whole diet is going to be made up of mostly carbs right? good luck though....i have to take most the veggies out of my hubbys portions too...i wouldnt know wat to do if he started not wanting meat too

edelweiss23
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:12 AM

If you would like.  Messege me.  I have a TON of recepies I would be happy to share.

graciefreesoul
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:56 AM

ooo! this one is an easy one for me!!!! lol vegetarian 7years, the last 2 i've transitioned to vegan...it's just me and my daughter and she's not veg so it's kinda easy for me and kinda not...anyway, you can't go wrong with any kind of meatless pasta dishes...my brain isn't working this early in the morning to give you recipes or ideas off the top of my head so i'll give you the website i live on...no matter what i'm trying to make, what special occassion coming up, they never let me down and someone might have already given it to you so...

www.vegweb.com

also www.allrecipes.com has lots of recipes on it that are yummy...i mention that one b/c you can tell the site what foods you do/dont want included in a recipe so say you wanna do a pasta meal but don't want pork, beef, chicken and don't like onion you can put those in the 'do not include' list...

good luck!

TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Try punchfork.com and filter for only veg recipes.

SalemWitchChild
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I use to be a vegetarian. You can buy soy burgers in the vegetarian section of your grocery store. They are pretty good and usually when you incorporate it into your normal recipe's you can't tell its veggie. 

Best advice is just cook your normal recipe's but replace the meat with soy or another veggie.

Quoting Ajohnson2334:

My dh is on a new health kick and this time he wants to not eat meat during weekdays. My dh does not like most veggies - has always been a 'meat and potato' kind of person, so for him to not want me to make what most of our meals consist of is a total challenge

Any meatless meal ideas? Even if there are veggies in them, I can usually take them out of his portion. I have some basics (cheese quesadillas, meatless spaghetti, red beans and rice, etc) but I am really stuck on things that I can make 5 nights out of the week with out repeating it over and over.

mewebb82
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:16 AM

My husband is very much a meat and potato guy too. I'm vegetarian and make meatless meals at least a few times per week for the whole family.

Here is a link to an awesome vegetarian chili. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/The-Best-Vegetarian-Chili-in-the-World/

It's one of my husband's favorites. The first time I made it, I put bowls on the table for him and the kids and let them start eating while I cleaned up a little. My husband said it was the best chili he had ever had, but asked what was I going to eat. I sat down with my bowl and shrugged. I then ate a big spoonful and his jaw dropped. If this chili could fool my husband into thinking his vegetarian wife just ate meat, it is probably good for any meat and potatos guy. lol

The_Doodle
by Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)