Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef Sandwiches from the Betty Crocker site! Click the link to watch a how to video!
- pounds beef boneless chuck roast
- cup barbecue sauce
- cup peach or apricot preserves
- cup chopped green bell pepper
- tablespoon Dijon mustard
- teaspoons packed brown sugar
- small onion, sliced
- kaiser or hamburger buns, split
- 1Trim excess fat from beef. Cut beef into 4 pieces. Place beef in 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- 2Mix remaining ingredients except buns; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours or until beef is tender.
- 3Remove beef to cutting board. Cut into thin slices; return to cooker.
- 4Cover and cook on low heat setting 20 to 30 minutes longer or until beef is hot. Fill buns with beef mixture.
Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
(Total time will vary with appliance and setting.)
For a delicious kick, spread buns with horseradish sauce.
Take a dip! Sandwiches can be served au jus. Serve the juices left in the cooker in small bowls to dip the sandwiches into while eating to make each bite extra delicious!