Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Have you started planning your Memorial Day BBQ?

I always look forward to celebrating Memorial Day. It's the start of summer and long weekends are always nice!

I'm already thinking about my menu. I'm fairly traditional when it comes to what I make -- hot dogs, burgers, potato salad, pasta salad and grilled veggies.

What will you be grilling this year? What are your favorite summer salads?

barbecuing

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Replies (31-40):
IndigoRose
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:13 AM
2 moms liked this

Well, here's my favorite barbeque menu :

---Barbequed chicken

---Corn cooked on the coals in foil

---3 bean salad

---Baked potatoes cooked the same way as the corn

---Chocolate 3 layer cake

---Iced tea or lemonade ( made with real lemons )

over55
by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I'm thinking BBQ ribs and chicken with my homemade sauce. And I always have hot dogs on hand for the younger kids. Potato salad, macaroni salad, and I found a new recipe for broccoli and tomato salad that's really good. Deviled eggs are a must. And fried bread dough for dessert. This year should be fun because for the first time in a few years we'll have the pool open. I really hope it's a nice sunny day.

6kidz6grandkidz
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I think we are going camping so probably some ribs slow cooked in the campfire coals in my cast iron dutch oven, then brushed with BBQ sauce & bbqd over the fire on the grate a few minutes. Usually bake some potatos in the coals and make some veggies in tin foil on grate. Then follow up with banana boats for dessert.

pinkrose13
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:08 AM
All my plans were cancelled..cuz I'm having a cerclage put in on the 23rd..n I need bedrest for 2 weeks..
Starleet
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Were not having one. I wish we were. 

http://marcisnails.blogspot.com/

charliesmom30
by New Member on May. 12, 2012 at 11:39 PM
I am planning it but am wanting to kick it up a notch..we always grill hotdogs, burgers, etc
lynnzenda
by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:26 AM

I love Grilling. I also have some Great Chocolate Grilling Sauces that everyone should try! My favorite is Grilled Chicken with Dove Chocolate Discoveries Cocoa Rub. I also love our White Chocolate Raspberry Vinigarette on my salads. Can't wait to prepare these and more... lynnzenda@aol.com. 

dividedhouse
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Hopefully its someone elses turn..Ilike to make the desserts..maybe, probably the usual stars and stripe cake..strawberries and blueberries! always a fav.

texasmom64
by New Member on May. 17, 2012 at 9:36 PM

We always have a big get together and BBQ on Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Mothers Day and Fathers Day.  Back when I was a kid, which was a while back, we went all out on those days.  Will probably do the same this year. 

Jayzwife
by Johana on May. 23, 2012 at 1:06 AM
I'm making shrimp kabobs, chicken kabobs, potato salad, seafood salad, burgers, hot dogs, grilled kielbasa, wings, rice with gandules, and the family is bringing other stuff. we're Puerto ricans, so we cook a lot, lol. ツ
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN