Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Come On Ladies! Let's Chat Here For The Month Of May!!

Posted by   + Show Post
This is the spot to come to and talk about whatever is on your mind. Chit chat, brag, vent....get things off your chest. Don't worry, we love to talk!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Replies (131-139):
suetoo
by Member on May. 31, 2012 at 10:46 AM
May is my favorite month, and I can start to spend the days out on my porch watching the birds and critters that visit for some seed, watching the flowers bloom and my fav, watching the world rotate!
Flaca43
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Everything is fine. They say baby is good in weight and is very active! It's a girl to..what hoped for!

Quoting Flaca43:

Thank you!

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting Flaca43:

Going to my 20 week ultrasound in a few. Excited and nervous at the same time. Hope it goes well.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Yeah it is. Was so hot last weekend, today in the low 50's.

Quoting VanBurren:

It sure has been crazy....90 one day, 75 the next.....used to joke about that being typical St. Louis weather, but I think it's crazy pretty much anywhere now. 

Quoting Flaca43:

It's cloudy here too. And cold! Crazy weather.

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting Flaca43:

Good morning Ladies! I wish everyone a wonderful day!!

Mornin':)  Looks cloudy again here today.  The rain didn't last yesterday morning but about 15-20 minutes. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Nice! I was watching the bunnies playing in my yard yesterday. And we have some beautiful birds over here.

Quoting suetoo:

May is my favorite month, and I can start to spend the days out on my porch watching the birds and critters that visit for some seed, watching the flowers bloom and my fav, watching the world rotate!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supergirl_mommy
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Got any tips for a first timer :)

Quoting VanBurren:

I've made marshmallow fondant a couple of times.....I can't wait to see your cake when it's done!! :>)  How fun! 

Quoting supergirl_mommy:

I will..im working with homemade marshmallow fondant for the first time on her cake, and making all of the decorations.

Quoting VanBurren:

That should be a really fun party.....please be sure to post pictures later!

Quoting supergirl_mommy:

I am doing a Minnie Mouse theme :) putting a lot of pinterest ideas to good use lol

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting supergirl_mommy:

I just thought my May would be so nice and relaxing lol nope. Thankfully TJ is done with school no more struggling out the door...he's getting homeschooled next yr...and daycare has been very crazy this month then this week I have all of the preparation for Talia's 2nd birthday party on Saturday lol.
How's May been for everyone else?

May has been good:)  No complaints here.  The weather has been gorgeous and life is good! 

Happy early birthday to Talia!!  What kind of party do you have planned?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 31, 2012 at 5:38 PM

sounds wonderful! 

Quoting suetoo:

VanBurren
by Beth on May. 31, 2012 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

WOO HOO!  That's great news!

Quoting Flaca43:

Everything is fine. They say baby is good in weight and is very active! It's a girl to..what hoped for!

Quoting Flaca43:

Thank you!

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting Flaca43:

Going to my 20 week ultrasound in a few. Excited and nervous at the same time. Hope it goes well.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

VanBurren
by Beth on May. 31, 2012 at 7:05 PM

If you're covering the cake with the fondant, be sure not to get it too thin; and keep some powdered sugar on the table as you roll it out to keep it from sticking.  Other than that, pretty much trial and error. 

Quoting supergirl_mommy:

Quoting VanBurren:

I've made marshmallow fondant a couple of times.....I can't wait to see your cake when it's done!! :>)  How fun! 

Quoting supergirl_mommy:

I will..im working with homemade marshmallow fondant for the first time on her cake, and making all of the decorations.

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting supergirl_mommy:

I am doing a Minnie Mouse theme :) putting a lot of pinterest ideas to good use lol

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting supergirl_mommy:

I just thought my May would be so nice and relaxing lol nope. Thankfully TJ is done with school no more struggling out the door...he's getting homeschooled next yr...and daycare has been very crazy this month then this week I have all of the preparation for Talia's 2nd birthday party on Saturday lol.

May has been good:)  No complaints here.  The weather has been gorgeous and life is good! 

supergirl_mommy
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Thank you I will be sure to keep that in mind.

Quoting VanBurren:

If you're covering the cake with the fondant, be sure not to get it too thin; and keep some powdered sugar on the table as you roll it out to keep it from sticking.  Other than that, pretty much trial and error. 

Quoting supergirl_mommy:

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting supergirl_mommy:

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting supergirl_mommy:

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting supergirl_mommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN